🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF! :)

This is my snail breeding tank. It is a 2.5 gallon tank, acrylic tank, with a filter and a heater. I cleaned it up yesterday, and I used an already established filter cartridge, so all of the parameters are in order.

Here are some pictures!! :)

6266B8A8-BF53-4F63-A60C-6A9FCA166F8F.jpeg

C1872347-C1B9-4053-B053-7394232841B8.jpeg

At first I thought, so what, breeding snails but they are fascinating creatures. I had three Mystery Snails once that did their thing and I wound up,with hundreds. Yes ! Hundreds. The weird tube they lay the eggs with and the eggs themselves are a thing to behold. I didn't even think it happened to average schmo's. Same thing with Ramshorn Snails. They can go completely ape. Zillions of them. I saw Malaysian Trumpet Snails at mt LFS that number in the gillions. All aquatic life is worthy of seeing reproduce. Even the humble snail. So that's awesome kid, not so what.

At first I thought, so what, breeding snails but they are fascinating creatures. I had three Mystery Snails once that did their thing and I wound up,with hundreds. Yes ! Hundreds. The weird tube they lay the eggs with and the eggs themselves are a thing to behold. I didn't even think it happened to average schmo's. Same thing with Ramshorn Snails. They can go completely ape. Zillions of them. I saw Malaysian Trumpet Snails at mt LFS that number in the gillions. All aquatic life is worthy of seeing reproduce. Even the humble snail. So that's awesome kid, not so what.
It is AWSOME!! I probably have about 100 MTS by now, and about 50 Blue Rams Horn Snails! :rolleyes:

When I was a kid I had a tank where some snails hitched in on live plants and bred like crazy which was unwanted. After that I’ve only ever intentionally introduced nerite snails because they will only reproduce in brackish conditions. What do you do with your snail offspring? Have you ever had an over population of snails?

When I was a kid I had a tank where some snails hitched in on live plants and bred like crazy which was unwanted. After that I’ve only ever intentionally introduced nerite snails because they will only reproduce in brackish conditions. What do you do with your snail offspring? Have you ever had an over population of snails?
Not yet, lol. I will have to do something soon about them, because they are getting out of control! :rolleyes:

I will probably put them in my pond, or give/sell them to my LFS. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back