Smallest Possible Size For One Clown Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Well, I was wondering what the minimum size could be for one clown fish. This fish will be the only one in the tank and none other. Do they need a pal?

Thanks,

DL

P.S. I am aiming for smallest possible as it will be my sister x-mas present from me and I was hoping for nothing bigger then 10 gallons hopefully smaller.

Sorry, but 10 gallons is too small. They have potential growth to consider, not just their size at the store, and they can get surprisingly large :nod: . They are also very active swimmers, so a 10 g is just too tight IMO. There are other fish with character that you can go with however. What about Neon Gobies, Clown Gobies, or a Rainsford Goby (ie. Court Jester Goby @ live aquaria), they would all be the top of my list for a 10g.

Well, I was wondering what the minimum size could be for one clown fish. This fish will be the only one in the tank and none other. Do they need a pal?

Thanks,

DL

P.S. I am aiming for smallest possible as it will be my sister x-mas present from me and I was hoping for nothing bigger then 10 gallons hopefully smaller.

10 gallons is great for one clownfish. People told me I can get a pair when I used to have my 10gallon :rolleyes: . And I did, But I upgraded to a 30gallon.

Thanks,

DL

10 gallons is great for one clownfish. People told me I can get a pair when I used to have my 10gallon :rolleyes: . And I did, But I upgraded to a 30gallon.

Cool! Well i'll talk to my mom and if I can i'll get my sister to the store to choose either a firefish or clownfish. Thanks guys!

Especially a Tank-bred one is possible - the most hardy clownfish and usually are much smaller than there wild counterparts. Firefish would be nicer on it's own IMO though as clowns seem to be more interesting in pairs :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back