Small worm in tank?

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I just went to look at my fish tank and I saw a tiny brown worm about 1 centimeter long crawling on the glass. Before I could get my camera it disappeared. Does anyone know what this is? Could it hurt my fish?

Did you saw the worm head shapes?
Might be planaria, harmless to fish but big problems if you keep shrimp with planaria. Your shrimp will be wipe out. And planaria re produce so fast.

It looked like a very very mini earthworm. It did not have any particular shape. It was like a tube. I'm kind of worried about internal parasites because 2 weeks ago I got a chocolate ancistrus and he refused to eat and died 2 days later. He had blood coming from his mouth and back end. I brought a water sample to my LFS and my water parameters were fine. Could he have had an internal parasite that I'm now seeing in my tank?

I have some midge larvae in my tank. See if it looks luke that

It kind of looks like a brown midge fly larvae but it also looks like a small Black worm. I got live Black worms a few months ago for my cories. Is it possible there are still some living in my aquarium?

If they can find food and a place to hide anything is possible. I had a loach hide for a couple of years in my 55 gallon tank and did not find him until I was cleaning out the gravel.

If they can find food and a place to hide anything is possible. I had a loach hide for a couple of years in my 55 gallon tank and did not find him until I was cleaning out the gravel.
That's crazy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back