Small Thing Swimming Round In Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

xander_chookeypud

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link of what types of things can come out of live rock? Im sure ive seen a list before, possibly on here but i cant find it ???? This thing kinda looks like a smaller version of a catepillar/centipede and kinda like a small maggot- its about 3/4 of an inch and is a slightly dark creamy colour. Anyone have an idea what it is? Im not sure whether it was harmful or not so as a precaution ive put it into a glass full of my tank water for it to swim around. Any help will be great.

Xander

Bristle Worm maybe

Have a look Here

Thanks for the fast reply chac.Great link you gave me as well- I think its a bristleworm as well now.Apparently it is good news so i think i will re-add it to my tank. My clown fish were really fascinated by it lol, were chasing it round the tank hehe! Bless them!

Hmmmm... just put the bristle worm back into my tank and within 30 seconds my cleaner shrimp caught it and has now eaten it.... :/

I would be suprised if a shrimp would eat a bristleworm unless it was damaged and the shrimp sensed it. Bristleworms are very capable ot looking after themselves. I remember my trigger thinking he could take on on and got a mouth full of spines.. he was a very unhappy bunny for a few days :crazy:

You probably have alot more worms in the rock as has been mentioned but the primary reason for the shrimp being where it is probably is simply because he likes it there. Most shrimps have an area where they retire to if they feel threatened etc. If its a cleaner shrimp then i would say it will be out and about soon, if its a bloodshrimp or peppermint then dont expect to see then very often or even at all!

you know the aiptasia would that be such as wot i had where they were white like worms on the rock then red flowers comming out of it? theres none at mo any more but also i have hair algae and my hermits aint eating it! grrr they are neon blue hermits :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back