Small odd ball fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do guys know of some small peaceful oddball fish I have a 75 gallon aqaurium

Folks on the forum definitely love recommending fish lol but before that - could you tell us what your water parameters are like? Also, are there any current fish you have stocked in there?

This info. will help determine suggestions for ya so we know what works and what doesnt.

Thanks!

oddball fish?.... that would be a good class for our next Fish of the Month contest in mid December. So those of you who have with an "oddball" fish..... we hope you will enter the FOTM contest in mid December.

Last edited:
Oddball fish. Hmmmm... A reedfish is an oddball but they aren't small. Bristlenose and zebra plecos look pretty weird but again, not small. Kuhli loaches are also weird looking.

We need your GH before we can recommend things, but a big group of halfbeaks would be super cool, or a ton of ricefish. Some variety of gobies are pretty cool as well.

killifish, if water is right

Last edited:
Dicrossus filamentosus or dicrossus maculatus if your water is soft enough and tank mates are peaceful. And I mean, like, really soft enough.

If you have enough you may see the males lock jaws and barrel roll around to impress a female to mate with (very soft conditions for breeding). Loser male usually takes off once he's lost and before any significant damage occurs (keep an eye on though).

I'm looking at them as a possibility for a biotope I'm slowly building, neat and interesting to watch at one of my lfs'.

Last edited:
I actually don’t have the tank with water in it yet I am going to start cycling it to for about a month and a half but I am going to put tropical fish in the tank the other stocking chooses will be based on the oddball or main show fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back