Small heaters for your smaller tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SRC

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won'
Reaction score
Since I have built my new tank I needed a new heater so I went looking for a good one, while searching I came across some good ones, for great prices on small heaters as well. I remember a while back people complaining they coudln't find any that were adjustable, so they kept having to plug and unplug to keep it at the right temp, so I thought I'd post these up. :D

p7320b.jpg

Mini-Therm 25W 6" Heater A721 (Hagen)
Item Number: HG0025

Thermal Compact heaters feature an easy to use temperature adjustment, waterproof seal, pilot light, ceramic heater core, precision aligned contacts and long lasting suction cup bracket for quick and easy mounting inside your tank. The Thermal Compact's mini size is ideal for your small tanks. Because the heater is completely submersible, you can hide it almost anywhere-behind plants, driftwood or rocks.

Heater Size Aquarium Size
25 watts up to 5 gallons
50 watts up to 15 gallons
100 watts up to 35 gallons
150 watts up to 50 gallons
200 watts up to 65 gallons
300 watts up to 100 gallons

Warranty:
One year from date of purchase

Optional Products:
Mini-Thermal Heater Holder HG0115
Stainless Steel Hang on Thermometer VT0002
Acura Thermometer Horizontal TS0058

Was: $ 11.49
Now: $ 11.29
Your Savings: $ 0.20 (2%)
In Stock: Yes *

----------------------------------------------

p8790b.jpg

Therma-Flow Heater 6" 25W HP6/25 (Penn Plax)
Item Number: PP0008

The Therma Flow PC Plus heater is a precision made instrument designed to maintain accurate aquarium temperatures. The automatic thermostat and unique moistureproof rubber plug, which protects all vital heater controls from the ever present high humidity, are just two of the features incorporated to provide you with long term, trouble free service.

This is a standard hanging heater and is not fully submersible.

Heater Size Aquarium Size Height
25 5 6"
50 10 8"
75 15 8"
100 20 8"
100 20 10"

Warranty:
90 days from date of purchase

Optional Products:
Stainless Steel Hang-on Thermometer VT0002
High Precision Thermometer TM0017

You Pay: $ 6.29
In Stock: Yes *

These are at www.ThatPetPlace.com :fun:

Those sound great. I was thinking of getting another betta and putting him into something smaller than a 10 gallon. I was wondering what I can put a heater in and what I can't. I know I can put one in a glass tank but I can only find 10 gallon glass tanks. Can I put one in an acrylic tank? Obviously not in a plastic one.

^^^ that's the heater I was talking about that people were complaining about..because you can't control the temperature on it.

Yes you can put a heater in a acyrlic tank...I'd venture to say you coudl in a plastic one as well ..since the heating element itself does not really get "hot" and is held away from touching the side of the tank anyways by either a hanger or suction cup.

lol Just doing my part to help contribute to the spread of the betta disease lol.

I purchased the larger version of the top one myself. I have a larger version of the bottom on on my Community tank and it has worked great, but I've never had a submersible one before and thought I'd give that a go and see how that worked out. :D

I'd like to mention...as a price comparision, at Walmart the same size heate (a 50 watt) was $29.99 and on ThatPetPlace's site I only paid $11.99. :hyper:

I don't use heaters in my betta tanks,but for those who are worried about using them in acrylic tanks,it should be fine. This is the best heater I've found to date (aside from Ebo-Jager)
http://www.penn-plax.com/Pages/Aqua.pages..../Aqua28F.html

It's plastic!! :hyper: I bought one from a guy at my betta meeting for like 20.00 for my midas' tank since he's a heater cracker :grr:
Now his heater can flap in the wind and he can crash it all day wth no worries :thumbs:
heater.jpg

I have one of the Hagen Mini-Therm heaters, and find it awkward and poorly designed. It has no temperature setting markings, so it has to be adjusted through trial and error, and the adjustment knob is very difficult to manipulate.

The best small heaters I have used are the 25w Sicce Scuba and Nathura models. They are slender and compact, and both have setting marks, although these are difficult to read.

ProAqua and 'Heater' brand 25w heaters aren't as compact, but they are both cheap and have clearly marked and easy-to-adjust temperature setting dials.

Any of these heaters can be used in acrylic tanks or even plastic tubs.

Most reactions

trending

Back