Small bugs in tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Briggan

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Does anyone know what these are? Iā€™ve had them in this tank before, no problems, but now that there are no fish, there are hundreds!
Iā€™m currently treating this tank for anchor worm and fish lice without, the tank is empty. I do very frequent water changes and treat with microbe lift for anchor worm and lice.
These little things have eaten every bit of algae in this tank, itā€™s sparkling clean, but there are so many.. any ideas are helpful, thanks!
(Theyā€™re the little brown specks, remind me of sesame seeds, I see them floating around in the water too)

Attachments

• E35FB594-0E81-4651-8EA2-C9D9B678760C.jpeg
    E35FB594-0E81-4651-8EA2-C9D9B678760C.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 86
What ingredients are in the medication "Microbe Lift"?

Why are you treating an empty tank for anchorworm?
If you fill the tank up with salt water it will kill most freshwater parasites including anchorworm, gill flukes, fish lice and most protozoans. Just add enough salt so it no longer dissolves, let the tank and filter run for 24 hours with the salt in. Then drain and refill the tank a couple of times before adding dechlorinator, and you're done.

----------------------
I'm not sure on the little round things. Can you provide a better picture of them?
How do they move about?

Iā€™m treating the tank without fish because the previous fish had many parasites, I have since given them away to someone, but I was advised to continue treating by the person I bought the fish from.
For the round things- thatā€™s the best picture I can get with what I have, theyā€™re extremely tiny, they crawl around but I can see some float in the water.

I can put a link for the medication Iā€™m using:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HINLX4/?tag=ff0d01-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
From what I can tell by experience with them, they are harmless.. but would a large number of these have any affect on the tank of fish?

From what I can tell by experience with them, they are harmless.. but would a large number of these have any affect on the tank of fish?
I don't really know anything about them, just what they are. I had a bunch crop up out of nowhere at one time and as I remember they eventually fizzled out and went away. Probably just a harmless nuisance.

If they are Osotracods (seed shrimp), they are nothing to worry about.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back