Small Betta Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

smudge_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have kept fish for a while, usually in big tanks.  But I moved away for a job recently and don't really have the time for a proper tank anymore.  I was in my local (very reputable) fish store recently and I saw this  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aqueon-White-Aquarium-Red-Gravel/dp/B00N1U26OE/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1413634382&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=Interpet+Aqueon+Falls+Aquarium+Kit+7+litres+Black#productDetails   They had a fighter in it, a few other really tiny fish and a few plants - it looked really nice.

Would a betta be happy enough in a tank like this?  I saw some online reviews saying it was cruel and too small.... but ive seen people keep a betta in really small/odd tanks so I thought this might be a nice way to keep a fish or two.     I'm aware fish aren't desk ornaments, but this just looked like a nice way to get a few fish without much work.

Would do you guys think?   

Thanks for your help!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i think for a better it may well be alright, i have never kept a better before but that does look like a nice tank small if not a better have you thought abut shrimp? it would be perfect for shrimp

IMO that's too small.

In the Betta Guide it says 2.5 gallon is the bare minimum, but I like 5 or 10 gallon aquariums for bettas.

I agree, much too small. Plus, with the way the water feature works there, you can cross contaminate all your fish in there with an illness if someone gets sick. It looks nice, but I don't think it's practical. I wouldn't do any less than 2.5 gals for a betta. (Breeders use smaller amounts of water to keep their guys/gals in due to practicality..but they stay on top of their WCs. lol) Also not sure how it could be heated reliably either.

I agree. With only 7 liters to work with you're really not able to accomplish much. However, this would be a neat plant only set up. It's just not feasible for any animals, really.

fine fine never say I don't accept advice
tongue2.gif
 It was a nice idea and a normally very reliable petstore said the fish they kept in it had been doing fine for months.  But better safe than sorry.

Touch wood, I have sorted something better....  I saw this on gumtree earlier and I will be picking it up for a very low price tomorrow night (a worryingly good price) if everything goes to plan (sorry its the wrong way around)

$_86.JPG

If I keep it fairly lightly stocked with a betta and a few hardy fish it shouldn't be overly effort even if its bigger than I planned.  Its cheaper than the other tank anyway....

I have to say the tank is way to small but i dont know about any one else i love the idea of 3 tank being connected and fed off the same filter if they were bigger they would be amazing 

Having seen this tank in person, I would not advise putting anything in it except shrimp or plants.  The sections are way to small and there is no way to heat it.  While I have no real issue with the sections sharing the same water (I use a lot of divided tanks) it IS a risk when considering illness.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back