Small Betta Tank Setups Under 30L

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi,
I don't have any photos of my tanks, but wanted to just chime in. . .I have five bettas in a variety of tank sizes ranging from 10 to 2 gallons. Like you, I decided not to divide my tanks because of the chance of disease spreading. One thing I've done (with my smaller 2 tanks) is just put a 1/4" layer of gravel to maximize space for water. Personally I think a 15 L is fine :)

Lorax - beautiful tank! I need to upgrade mine to live plants. . .gotta wait right now though as I have preg. guppies to keep an eye on.

Haych, that plant on the right in your secod pic, where'd you get that from?

It's fake, I got it from ebay. I don't use it any more, so if you want it call it £2 and i'll post it to you

and you have the same tank as me :eek: where do you get spares from? poor Nemo is currently stuck with no light!

4081857499_497eca3bdd.jpg

I just love that tank, it doesn't look real!

4096106974_3736c4f670.jpg

I think the point was that some people (Honeythorn included) would like to see bettas in 5-10 gallons minimim so they'd be wary of you getting too fixated on small tanks. I can sympathise and I would have my bettas in larger tanks if I could afford it. Some will say I'm cruel for keeping them in 3-5 gallon tanks but in my defense, having seen how active Azrael is in his 6 gallon I'm a convert to larger tanks.

Anyway. I can see why Aly wants to see smaller tanks. It's nice to know what people can do with the space, plants and decor wise.

Let's all remember that the original request was to see pictures of smaller tanks. This is not the place to browbeat the OP about the merits of using anything else. I will be watching this thread and if anyone behaves like this, they are apt to get a few days time off.

I . . . I wasn't browbeating Aly =/

I was just mentioning why Honey might have been curious as to why the tanks HAD to be under 30L and I just said that I'd like to be able to keep mine in larger tanks :blink:

ellena - that first tank is sooo pretty! I don't normally like plastic but that white cave looks amazing with the white sand and beautiful shells.

Haych, that plant on the right in your secod pic, where'd you get that from?

It's fake, I got it from ebay. I don't use it any more, so if you want it call it £2 and i'll post it to you

and you have the same tank as me :eek: where do you get spares from? poor Nemo is currently stuck with no light!

4081857499_497eca3bdd.jpg

I just love that tank, it doesn't look real!

4096106974_3736c4f670.jpg
Oooh, yes please to the plant-PM me? :) I got a new bulb for my hex from LFS. It was a standard brand, although I can't remember the name. Was just a 9" I think.

This is Chilly's tank (35 litre)

15012010703.jpg

This is Midnights tank (40 litre)

15012010704.jpg

Have to say these pics are really inspiring me to redo some of my betta tanks/ divided sections - these all look really good :)

This is Chilly's tank (35 litre)

15012010703.jpg

This is Midnights tank (40 litre)

15012010704.jpg
Nice setups :) The aqua 40 isn't 40 litres though, no idea what the 40 stands for actually? I measured it at about 27l, still plenty big enough for a betta :good:

Here's Lemon's 3.5 gal:

Image007.jpg

Beautiful setups everyone!

:good:
Im also looking for a tsnk like this...!

I think it was an Aqua One tank? It only came with the cube and a sheet of foam for underneath but it had an Aqua One sticker on it.

It's a good tank, it's got two glass panels for the lid. I'm putting a black background on it today so Lemon stands out more, she's so tiny haha.

Most reactions

trending

Back