Slug in my tank? 9

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Carp890

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anybody I'd this slug. Moves fast has leg's l think 2 antennas no shell, there seems to be 3 in tank. Friend or fow
IMG_20220924_043951.jpg
IMG_20220924_043951.jpg

Hmm, this may seem unhelpful, but I've never seen an aquatic slug like that, I know there some kinds of marine slug looking things but they look very different to this.
Good luck.

Not the best angle for IDing but looks like a large species of Stomatella - beneficial hitchhiker. Image search on the name and see if it looks like what you've got. Usually they are pretty small but I've seen the odd one up to an inch / couple cm. They do have a shell but it's small and up near the head, often largely covered in tissue so it's hard to see; they can't retract into it. Don't poke at it if you can avoid it, as Stomatella will sometimes drop the back part of their foot if spooked kind of like lizards dropping their tail. Some fish also eat them.

Not the best angle for IDing but looks like a large species of Stomatella - beneficial hitchhiker. Image search on the name and see if it looks like what you've got. Usually they are pretty small but I've seen the odd one up to an inch / couple cm. They do have a shell but it's small and up near the head, often largely covered in tissue so it's hard to see; they can't retract into it. Don't poke at it if you can avoid it, as Stomatella will sometimes drop the back part of their foot if spooked kind of like lizards dropping their tail. Some fish also eat them.
Thank you it is a stomatella, it must have come with a mushroom garden I bought thanks again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back