Slow Growing Babies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

leec

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All

I find that despite daily water changes, correct temp, good water chemistry, good food, my 15 week old Betta babies, are still, well, babies. They look like other peoples 6 week old fry. Any ideas why?

hmm well I had the same problem and mine was because of the food I am feeding them. What are you feeding them right now? If they are still very small I would feed microworms or cut up baby brine shrimp. You may already be doing this, but I noticed a huge leap of growth with my babies (only 1 survived unfortunately). I didn't get the microworms to them in time to save the rest. ANyway, like I said you may already be doing this, and if you haven't but need to know more info on microworms, let me know. I'll even send you a culture for free if ya want! I think someone also has some info on here about starting the culture as well. Good luck! :good:

I have heard feeding vinegar eels seems to not be as nutritious as like other foods. A variety of food seems to have done the best for me. I found that gut loading your live foods would not hurt. (putting vitamins in your micro worm culture or highly nutritious food.) Try a variety of food, and mix with live or prepared foods or both. You should find your should grow better then.

Wow, yours ate first bites? Mine wouldn't touch it! They all would rather starve...literally because instead of eating it they died....lol :blink:

For my platies I used to just get some regular flake food, put it in a baggie and then smash it all up to an almost powder. They have always eaten that up pretty well.

Wow, yours ate first bites? Mine wouldn't touch it! They all would rather starve...literally because instead of eating it they died....lol :blink:

yea all of the survivors from my first spawn eat first bites when they are offered along with bbs, frozen brine shrimp, and pellets. they are still small and not growing as fast as id like them to but they eat just about anything i offer them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back