Slimmed Down Fish Room Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
@Slaphppy7...Yes Matt more tanks, lol. Also have and acrylic 120 in the garage, but not an addition. Will be upgrading the glass 75 gallon so that my sisters purple wolf fish has some more room to swim. Did you ever find a taker for your 75 gallon?

So right now we have:

-75 gallon acrylic with schoutedeni puffer, pearl gourami, hypancistrus, vampire pleco, five clown panaques, and upsidedown catfish (nigrita gold), and a slew of spiny eels
-75 gallon glass with purple wolf fish, wild blue acara and large BN pleco male
-20L with 6 shadowcats and currently a guppy pair
-30 gallon brackish tank with eight bumblebee goby, six blue hermit crabs, one red footed hermit crab seven goblin leaf fish/scorpion fish, and four nerite snails
-20L river tank with three hillstream loach, 11 pridii loaches and two neon blue stiphodon
-22 gallon rimless with six gold barbs (dwarf) two super red BN, one albino BN (all three of which need to be moved), four scarlet badis, colony or ramshorn snails, five anchor cats
-15 gallon with an impostor pea puffer and four amano shrimp
-10 gallon rimless that used to have some (two) shellie and (two)faux shellie cichlids, but they were upgraded to a rimless 12 gallon. Hoping to put 2-4 licorice gourami in here in the near future
-50 gallon low boy with 12 gold barbs, two golden dojo loachesn (one albino) and four wild dojo loaches/weather loaches
-120 gallon tank with an assortment of tetras (like 75 of them at least-kerri, diamond, albino pristella, broken line, black, emperor...), an assortment of corrys (~30-40), ten Laetacara araguaiae chichlids, one female wild blue acara, two tiger pekoltia and one sabaji, four whiptail plecos, three red lizard whiptails, two angelfish, and 5 banjo cats
-125 gallon with three snakeskin gourami, two moonlight gourami, one gold gourami, one banded gourami, six SAE, seven Yo-Yo loaches, seven pavo eels, aprox 12 (mostly black) kuhli loaches, slew of about 20 rainbowfish (Australian, red, wapoga), two angelfish, 14 harlequin rasboras, one BN pleco, a large L330 spotted watermelon royal panaque, one smaller L027 royal panaque and a (female betta) partridge in a pear tree
-120 gallon with 3 angelfish, 4 BN plecos (two albino, one calico and a black), 5 bichir (two barred Sis is babysitting for a friend, an ornate, and two other I forget which kind), an unknown upside-down catfish and a synodontis eupterus catfish
-12 gallon rimless which now houses the shellies/faux shellie from the 10 gallon rimless
-5.5 gallon (four of them) which will house four different pairs of betta from the coccina complex (hopefully hendra, uberis, brownorum and burdigala

Also have (upstairs)
-6 gallon rimless with my miniopinna betta pair and two tiny panda garra that will be growing up in the tank
Geez, that's a LFS, not a house....lol

Nope, still have the 75G, wish you were closer, I'd deliver for free...also, leak tested the 2 10G yesterday, no leaks, I was hoping they would so I could trash them, lol....no idea what to do with those, either

Lol to the lfs; Sis and I like our variety of fish.
I'm surprised there are no takers in your area for the 75 gallon. I guess the whole fish hobby craze for covid has passed? I'm having a garage sale this weekend (fun-NOT).
So I will be selling a couple tanks that are ready to sell. The 75 won't be ready to sell but I do have a 30 and a 15 and I think two tens in the garage.

Reminds me, take a look at this pic of the 2 10's, filled....one appears slightly larger than the other, you can see the black trim is wider/larger on one compared to the other...otherwise, the dimensions are almost identical....different brands?

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 74
Looks like it, maybe one is Top Fin and the other is Aqueon?

OT, but another member was asking about puffers and feeding snails, have a look when you get a chance, please

Do you have a Facebook account? I usually have luck selling tanks off Marketplace. I also used my fish club (pre covid) to move some tanks.

Do you have a Facebook account? I usually have luck selling tanks off Marketplace. I also used my fish club (pre covid) to move some tanks.
I don't, Mrs. Slap does, may go that route, thanks....or may even see if the LFS will take them, in exchange for some store credit ;)

Didn't see the post re puffers.
Good idea with lfs, I tried that but they wanted to give me $20 for a 75. I knew I could do better.

Didn't see the post re puffers.
Good idea with lfs, I tried that but they wanted to give me $20 for a 75. I knew I could do better.
That's probably more than mine would offer me, lol

I did wind up selling the two 15 gallons and the 30 gallon. Still have a 50 gallon low boy in the basement and will have two 75 gallons to sell-one is empty and the other is going to be empty as soon as Sis breaks upgrades it to the 120 acrylic we bough a few weeks ago. I set up a shelf with four 5.5 gallon tanks for some beta. I made some custom lids for them out of the inside corners and glass pieces I ordered, was a lot cheaper than buying 4 of the Aqueon lids and it works a lot better as I have then all sitting the short way on one shelf so these lids can slide across the tank giving me lots of room to access the tanks. I also broke down my 15 gallon rabbit snail tank, moved them into my sister's 12 gallon rimless shellie tank and set the 15 gallon up for either a group of chocolate gouramis or a pair/three licorice gouramis I been MIA for a bit, got a new job and finishing some projects around the house while the weather permits. I got a pair of hendra and burdigala, looking to get the brownrum and uberis when they are in stock, Also want to add a pair of Mahachaiensis to my brackish tank when they are back in stock.

I have been busy with a new job and finishing up some (of the many) projects around the house while and when I can. Don't have any picks or videos right now.

Spent today driving up to Door County Wisconsin (and back home). Got some smoked whitefish from Lake Michigan and some smoked Atlantic salmon at Charlie's Smokehouse, bought some fresh apples and jams from a new farm style market place. Looked at all of the new residential condos/apartment and homes that have gone up in the 4 years since I had been there :sad:, Al Johnson's now has a whole new restaurant that is twice the size of their original, still with a grass roof for the goats! Plus there is now a Target at the base of Door County, sacrebleu! 😲

Sis treated me to lunch and then we sat at the docks and watched some fish in the harbor. It was a nice day. ☀️

Al Johnson's old building with the goats, and the new one right behind it with the greener grass not grazed by goats, lol. 🐐
IMG_20210928_121223738.jpg

Our seat for lunch and the harbor we sat at after lunch. ⛵
IMG_20210928_111250151_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210928_110839480.jpg

IMG_20210928_110844721.jpg

Yummy! It was the special of the day.
IMG_20210928_111453035_HDR.jpg

Though we are almost in WI, Door County is in northern WI on the peninsula which is slightly over 4 hour drive. It was a nice day-cation and if I didn't have work tomorrow I would have spent the night at one of the many inns and taken a boat ride, taken in more of the scenery and found a fish boil. Always can go back for my birthday in October, weather permitting.

Last edited:
Hi Nat, agree with Thomas, thanks for the update...hope the new job works out fine for you.

Nice tanks...you really need to enter our Fish of the Month contests:
February...tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger
March....tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller
April....tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back