Slimmed Down Fish Room Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I really like your tank menagerie, and love it that I can live vicariously through you. My biggest tank is 12.7 gallons and I adore the critters and process, and the fact that my KSA (Knight in Shining Armor) is willing to put up with my crazy routine of talking to critters that are less than one inch long. Your tanks are absolutely beautiful, so thank you so much for sharing!

Looking forward to the updates!

Thank you! Glad I am not the only one that talks to the aquatic inhabitants, regardless of size.

Am hoping to find my dual stage CO2 regulator and tank and get my 125 on it and have a jungle tank again.

I had it set up on my 75 and here are some old photos in 2016. Fist one when I put stems in the tank. My large albino BN did not appreciate my work and uprooted every
20160503_192647_Pano.jpg
single one on a nightly basis. So I gave up and went back to rooted/bulb plants (second pic). I am hoping to get the big tanks to this state of jungle in the (hopefully soon) future.
20160901_181137.jpg

Here is the schnoz man; Ghost;
IMG_20191025_222227612.jpg
20150518_190649.jpg

I had a (not pea) puffer (Ichabod Crane) in a 15g. I didn't want/have room to set up in the 15 g again so I put him in my 22g with my 7 eyespot gourami, 3 scarlet badis, few anchor cats and a couple of small BN fry I was growing out. The puffer killed or fatally damaged the gouramis (under skin hemorrhaging), killed the scarlet badis (ate parts of them!) and one anchor cat. He was separated and floating in another tank temporarily so I could figure out what to do with the berserker. I hated re-homing him so I put him in the 120g thinking its 4'x2'x2' so how much damage can he do? Was OK for 3 days and the other morning one of my Laetacara curviceps was dead and half of the flesh from the peduncle to the anal fin on his right side was eaten. All the other fish were fine, no heavy breathing, clamped fins, red streaks. I did an 50% WC and added some stress coat along with Safe to condition the water.

Everyone was OK all day and then this morning I find two more Laetacara curviceps dead and one emerald cory. The curvicep had hemorrhaging across its body matching the marking on the eye spot gouramis that died in the 22g. The other had numerous bite marks on its tail and ventral side. One of my emerald cory was dead as well-both eyes eaten and some hemorrhaging under the skin by its gills. Took me five minutes to realize the pucking puffer was killing my fish as they sleep at night! Just in case it was not the ?puffer, I did another 50% WC. I did catch that little pooper and he is in a bucket. I am going to wait to see if there are anymore mysterious overnight deaths now that Ichabod the (pooper) puffer is out. If not he is going to go to a local fish store-Fish Planet, to be re-homed the murderer. Should have called him Norman (Bates)!

Not good at all, sorry Nat...did your research lead you to believe it would be OK as a community fish?

I had a (not pea) puffer (Ichabod Crane) in a 15g. I didn't want/have room to set up in the 15 g again so I put him in my 22g with my 7 eyespot gourami, 3 scarlet badis, few anchor cats and a couple of small BN fry I was growing out. The puffer killed or fatally damaged the gouramis (under skin hemorrhaging), killed the scarlet badis (ate parts of them!) and one anchor cat. He was separated and floating in another tank temporarily so I could figure out what to do with the berserker. I hated re-homing him so I put him in the 120g thinking its 4'x2'x2' so how much damage can he do? Was OK for 3 days and the other morning one of my Laetacara curviceps was dead and half of the flesh from the peduncle to the anal fin on his right side was eaten. All the other fish were fine, no heavy breathing, clamped fins, red streaks. I did an 50% WC and added some stress coat along with Safe to condition the water.

Everyone was OK all day and then this morning I find two more Laetacara curviceps dead and one emerald cory. The curvicep had hemorrhaging across its body matching the marking on the eye spot gouramis that died in the 22g. The other had numerous bite marks on its tail and ventral side. One of my emerald cory was dead as well-both eyes eaten and some hemorrhaging under the skin by its gills. Took me five minutes to realize the pucking puffer was killing my fish as they sleep at night! Just in case it was not the ?puffer, I did another 50% WC. I did catch that little pooper and he is in a bucket. I am going to wait to see if there are anymore mysterious overnight deaths now that Ichabodthe (pooper) puffer is out. If not he is going to go to a local fish store-Fish Planet, to be re-homed the murderer. Should have called him Norman (Bates)!

But that is what puffers do, hence the rule to not put them in community tanks :(

Sorry you lost your fish :(

But that is what puffers do, hence the rule to not put them in community tanks :(

Sorry you lost your fish :(
Yeah, pure naivite on my part. I see everything as half full and possible. Think I would know better at my age.

These fish were 5-7 times the puffer size too. :rolleyes:

What are those things...langoliers (aka pea puffers)!
download.jpg

Not good at all, sorry Nat...did your research lead you to believe it would be OK as a community fish?
Well our red eye coexists with other fish, as well as our schoutendenis. Ichabod isn't a pea puffer, staying small and fierce, an unknown similar species. So I was hoping he was going to be ok. Guess not.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back