Slate caves

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

UrKo

Reaction score
Does anyone in here sell slate caves for plecos.

Your best bet is to go to a garden supply store, or your local fish store (LFS) and buy the slate. Then you can stack it however you like. I have caves that are 4-7 inches high and make all sorts of condos. They've never fallen except in the case of my cobalt zebras deciding to wage war on one another by seeing who could dig out enough gravel to topple the other fish's cave. But if you wanted to eliminate that risk, just use some aquarium sealant to glue the pieces together.

Your best bet is to go to a garden supply store, or your local fish store (LFS) and buy the slate. Then you can stack it however you like. I have caves that are 4-7 inches high and make all sorts of condos. They've never fallen except in the case of my cobalt zebras deciding to wage war on one another by seeing who could dig out enough gravel to topple the other fish's cave. But if you wanted to eliminate that risk, just use some aquarium sealant to glue the pieces together.

I agree, I always just make my own. It's cheaper and you can make it exactly how you want.

If you really want to purchase one, I'd look on Amazon or at your LFS.

Most reactions

trending

Back