Slate Caves

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
Same as my last thread just though I'd start another one as the last got a bit long :D :D

I've made a bunch of slate caves for my plecs and my parents and a few friends.
They sell really well to so I always have some made up or ready to make up.

The sizes I have are ideal for 4-5" plecs - They are the same size I use for breeding our bristlenoses, our starlights and our zebras - they are quite successful ;).

They are not your usual thick ones either - I personally think they look to chunky so I've made mine a lot less imposing.

2caves.jpg

£5 per cave.
1st class P&P - £2.50 for the first cave then +£1 for each after that
(this is for the thin slate single caves only)

If you want different sizes let me know, I will make any you want.
I can also make multi caves with caves at alternating sides, but I cant do them in thin slate so P&P will be more.

cave1.jpg

caves_double.jpg

If you looking for some feedback from other buyers have a look at some of my old sale threads >for caves< and >for Plants<.

Russell

Do/can you do ones with removable tops?

Do/can you do ones with the base piece on a slant so the caves don't have to be tipped back slightly so preventing the eggs coming out accidentally?

And you are you able to do one without base to it?

Do/can you do ones with removable tops?

Do/can you do ones with the base piece on a slant so the caves don't have to be tipped back slightly so preventing the eggs coming out accidentally?

And you are you able to do one without base to it?

Yep - Can do and sure :D

What substrate do you use anyway? We have sand in most tanks and just angle the back down. I've used a but of slate on teh front edge and it just sinks into the sand, If its a bare bottom, I can make them with a slopped bottom but straight sides to that they sit flat, would that work for you ?
All are easy mods (that wouldn't affect the price ;) )

What substrate do you use anyway? We have sand in most tanks and just angle the back down. I've used a but of slate on teh front edge and it just sinks into the sand, If its a bare bottom, I can make them with a slopped bottom but straight sides to that they sit flat, would that work for you ?
All are easy mods (that wouldn't affect the price )

I have bb tanks...so a sloped inside with a flat underside would be excellent. how much for two?

and what about a cave with no underside at all. As I want to take pictures of the spawning process from underneath the tank. How much is that?

Most reactions

Back