FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Ive had this fish about a year now, she started to develop a fleshy pink mass inside her gill last October. It has steadily grown and eventually "popped out" of the gill and grows massively off the gill cover. In the last few weeks, this mass has grown faster than usual and i am noticing she is starting to slow down. She still eats and interacts with her shoal, but i catch her sort of "staring off into space" more than normal. Just drifting there. So i am thinking it is beginning to affect how she feels. Ive been monitoring her for quality of life, signs of lethargy, etc. Its only started seeing her start acting off within the last couple weeks.

I guess my question is, is there really much else i should be doing with her?

It does not come and go. It stays and grows large. Ive handled her once to get a close look at first--the lump is firm and bumpy. Hard like rubber?

She seems to breathe okay, but i make sure the tank is well oxygenated for her with extra airstone, plants, and lots of surface agitation.

Parameters:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20

20 gallon planted
Water changes 50-75% every 5-7 days
pH 7.6
GH 90-150 ppm
Temperature 75F

Diet: Omega One Flakes, Bug Bites, Omega One frozen Super Carnivore.

This was back in March, seen just as a little nub inside the gill. It was mostly internal
received_558179658137904.jpeg

This was mid-May, it emerged out of the gill
20200517_172909.jpg

And this is today
20200602_192850.jpg

When i first noticed it back in October
20191022_194130.jpg

I've never seen anything like that. I hope you figure it out! My betta has a growth on his head that we cant figure out but its different

I've never seen anything like that. I hope you figure it out! My betta has a growth on his head that we cant figure out but its different
First thought was iridovirus or lymphocystis, but no other fish have had any of this appear and from what ive read of those, symptoms come and go over a period of weeks. This has been months.

It's a tumour and there's nothing you can do about it.

When the fish stops eating properly or has trouble swimming, then euthanise it.

It's a tumour and there's nothing you can do about it.

When the fish stops eating properly or has trouble swimming, then euthanise it.
I thought as much. Just was hoping theres something at least to keep her comfortable besides stable parameters and clean water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back