Skip's 29 Gallon And 5 Gallon Planted Tanks (and Other Fish Pics&#

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tsi_User

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It's been a LONG time since I've posted pictures. I am still fighting a slight algae problem in the 29 gallon (but what's new) but it's the closest i've ever been "happy" with the tanks appearance. Hope you guys enjoy, please leave any comments!

My current 29 gallon setup:
3 wpg, co2 injection, daily ferts,
sand substrate, root tabs
30% weekly water change
Fish- German blue rams, random neon/cardinal/glowlight tetras, black skirts, kuhli loaches, peppered corey cats, guppies, amano shrimp, ottos
Plants- Jungle Val, Stargrass, Dwarf Hairgrass, Broad Leaf Ludwigia, Macaya, Foxtail, Water Sprite, Melon Swords, and a few others im forgetting.

This was the old setup, when I was first learning about planting, and algae ruled the tank
IMG_0353.jpg

This is what it looks like today after a cleaning
IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

The 5 gallon setup:
2 wpg, fert dosing once a week
sand substrate, root tabs
Fish- VT Betta, cherry shrimp
Plants- Italian Val, Anubias Nana, Dwarf Sag, Java Moss, and a few others im forgetting

IMG_1556.jpg

And here is an onslaught of pictures of the inhabitants!
IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1487-1.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

Picture869.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

Ah crap, I realized I put this in the wrong section. I'll get the mods to move it over.

ok hey! i like your bottom tank a lot. what ferts do you use that dont kill your shrimp? i want fertilizers but they all contain copper. also anything else youve found succesful let me know! i just set up my first 5 gallon planted shrimp tank and could use some advice

I use all of the Seachem products (Flourish, Excel, Iron, Trace, Phosphorous, etc..) and I add liquid ferts. daily. I've even triple dosed on Flourish excel in the 29 gallon and the Amano shrimp are doing great... They're huge probably around 2.5 inches long.

I also use small amounts of Flourish and Flourish excel in the 5 gallon, but im more worried about the Cherry Shrimp in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back