Skinny Skinny Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I Love my fishies

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Suay refuses to eat Betta pellets or flake he simply spits them back out I feed him frozen brine shrimp or frozen blood worm every couple of days (I was feeding him one of these frozen foods every day but I realised I had to be hard on him and if he didn't eat his pellets or flake when I feed it too him he would go hungry)

However my tough love does not seem to be working and he is getting very skinny I know it is not a well balanced diet to feed him just frozen shrimp brine and frozen blood worm but I don't know what to do because he is getting so skinny because he wont eat his flake and therefore is eating only every couple of days when I give him his frozen foods.

Any suggestions.

My betta was picky with his food too, however i started mixing in the flake food with the brine shrimp (well mixed), it takes time, but don't starve him!

do you have access to live food (brine shrimp)? My female is recovering from gill fluke and the brine shrimp are really helping her get her strength back. the movement of the brine shrimp are really attractive to her.

I know nothing about Bettas but do they like peas (shelled) or zuchini or anything else.

My plec loved banana it maybe worth a try.

I apologise if this is not good but sometimes fish are fussy.

I would suggest that you try banana or water day change as if he/she doesn' like it can make a mess.

Mine won't eat flake, but they all like micropellets. I wonder if you tried another brand of micropellets. If it doesn't work out, you can still feed the micropellets to your other bettas. I have the micropellets for small tropicals, and they like it. I haven't tried the ones specifically for Bettas yet.

Could you contact the seller and ask what he was eating before you got him?

I have a similar problem with my newest male, except he doesn't even make an attempt to eat anything. I've tried frozen brine shrimp, pellets and flake. Even gave him a bit of MW's, since his neighbour loves them - thought he might go for em as well. But no, just doesn't want to eat. Either that or he's doing it on the sly :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back