April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I have been waiting to see my gourami for a few months, and the signs of sexual maturity have been approaching for a bit. It comes out that I have 2 males and 3 females based upon coloration and interactions.

One of the males is starting to look thinner than the other gourami, and I am thinking I should remove him. I have a couple housing options for him. Unless otherwise mentioned my hardness is 110ppm and 7.4 ph.
1) Planted 10 gallon, currently empty.
2) 29 gallon, stocked with Dwarf Chain Loach, Female Betta Sorority, longfin Leopard Danio.
3) 37 gallon, stocked with hardwater Guppies and Mollies. I am trying to keep it at around 7.9-8.0 ph. (Same length and width as 29 gallon, but as tall as a 55 gallon).
4) 21 Gallon Tall Hexagon Tank, stocked with CPD, Cherry Shrimp, Dwarf Corydoras, single juvenile Betta female.
5) 90 gallon with Orange Chromide, Blood Parrot, Rainbow Cichlid.
6) Keep him in there a couple more months until I can trade him to the LFS.

10g as a holding tank so you can try to treat for parasites
parasites are really easy to treat and once he is ok you can move him back
@Colin_T
do you have the instructions for parasite treatment?

also
So, I have been waiting to see my gourami for a few months, and the signs of sexual maturity have been approaching for a bit. It comes out that I have 2 males and 3 females based upon coloration and interactions.

One of the males is starting to look thinner than the other gourami, and I am thinking I should remove him. I have a couple housing options for him. Unless otherwise mentioned my hardness is 110ppm and 7.4 ph.
1) Planted 10 gallon, currently empty.
2) 29 gallon, stocked with Dwarf Chain Loach, Female Betta Sorority, longfin Leopard Danio.
3) 37 gallon, stocked with hardwater Guppies and Mollies. I am trying to keep it at around 7.9-8.0 ph. (Same length and width as 29 gallon, but as tall as a 55 gallon).
4) 21 Gallon Tall Hexagon Tank, stocked with CPD, Cherry Shrimp, Dwarf Corydoras, single juvenile Betta female.
5) 90 gallon with Orange Chromide, Blood Parrot, Rainbow Cichlid.
6) Keep him in there a couple more months until I can trade him to the LFS.
photo?

Do parasites only ever infect one fish? This tank hasn't had any fish added in 6+ months and the gourami have been in the tank for over 9 months.

Do parasites only ever infect one fish? This tank hasn't had any fish added in 6+ months and the gourami have been in the tank for over 9 months.
actually feed all the fish the medicated food

maybe the male ate some nasty gunk off the floor and he got parasites
i think fish naturally have the parasites its just bad if they have too much

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20220109_210722.jpg
    20220109_210722.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220109_210707.jpg
    20220109_210707.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220109_210728.jpg
    20220109_210728.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 87
Here are some pictures.
he seems fine to me, it does not hurt to add medicated food tho
my adult female pearl gouramis have a bulging belly and males have a small belly i think naturally

he seems fine to me, it does not hurt to add medicated food tho
my adult female pearl gouramis have a bulging belly and males have a small belly i think naturally
I do have some more delicate fish in the tank, like loaches and a pleco.

I do have some more delicate fish in the tank, like loaches and a pleco.
yeah i have cories
and the medicated food as long as the medication does not touch their scales they are ok

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back