size of neons

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i was wondering wether what i had read was right aren't neon smaller than majority of tetra and are quite samll but in one of my lfs they said that neon grew to the same lenght as alll the other tetras... -_-

Well then your lfs are talking rubbish, tetras come in all different shapes and sizes but IME neons are one of the smaller species, full grown adults have a maximum size of around 2". Some species of tetra can grow to 10"!!! And there could be ones that i dont now about that get bigger than that.

In my experience, neon tetras are among the smallest. I have both neons and black neons; the black neons are much larger.

neons grow to about 1". my lfs has just had a new shipment in though, and they're about the size of this line __ :wub: :wub: they're so diddly and likkle!!

yeah my lfs and smalll medium and big neons it makes me largh when i see the tank next to each other :thumbs: :lol:

>>> size of neons

Neon Tetras rarely get to 2" but can do, 1.5" would be a good size.

>>> same lenght as alll the other tetras...

Which as CFC has already said, is a completely useless comment. Tetras come in many sizes.

>>> and they're about the size of this line __

Which of course depends on your computers monitor resolution and settings! ;)

most neons only reach 1.5" but they can make 2.5". some species like congo tetras however can grow to 8 inches or more. my male congo is about 6 inches and is still growing. he is a beautiful fish.

Lateral Line said:
>>> and they're about the size of this line __

Which of course depends on your computers monitor resolution and settings! ;)
same difference!!! :angry:

ryan said:
some species like congo tetras however can grow to 8 inches or more. my male congo is about 6 inches
I think you may have got inches confused with centimeters, male congo tetras grow no bigger than 3 1/2 inches which is around 8 1/2 centimeters, if you do have a 6 inch congo tetra then post some pics, thats one fish i would love to see!!!

i only like south american tetras .. more colorful.. also out of interest why is it neon are so dam colouful comaper to all the other tetras and wouldn't this make them really easy to been see and very easy meal?? :blink: just wondered

aernympha said:
and wouldn't this make them really easy to been see and very easy meal??
Check my signature, why do you think it says that??? :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back