Six-line Wrasse With Mouth Disfigurement

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
Hi there,

It's been a while since I posted in the forums as everything with my aquariums has been going quite swimmingly (pardon pun). But recently my six-line wrasse has developed what looks to be a fungus of some sort? I'm not quite sure of what medicine's to use as I'm not sure what this one has. Anyway, here's my stats;

Request Help

Tank size: 40G (3ft)
pH: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: <5ppm
kH: -
gH: -
tank temp: 26C/79F

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): Everything looks fine physically, it doesn't seem to eat mainly because I think it realizes it's mouth feels different. It's behaving normal apart from the mouth lesion. It seems to want to eat though.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: None recently as my parameters are fine. But 20% when I have to, not that I have done so since I got him.

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Seachem Prime for water changes (which was prior to having him in the tank). No chemical media.

Tank inhabitants: Royal Dottyback, Scissortail Dartfish, Coral Banded Shrimp, Longspine Urchin, Brittle Starfish and a bunch of hermits (blue leg) and snails (cerith).

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): Nothing, he's actually been fine with everything until now.

Exposure to chemicals: Nil

Digital photo:

Attachments

• SA400009.JPG
    SA400009.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 88
The mouth is kinda fluffy. I just put some food in for other fish and strangely enough he's eating now.

Thanks for the reply though Wilder, it seems to be that fungus.

You will need a bacterial med and pimafix, get on top of it fast as it soon can start to rot the mouth away.
Good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back