Six foot 90 Gallon Journal.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Really regret buying those aphyocharax nattereri, the internet greatly understates the sheer conspecific aggression in this species. I would compare their behaviour towards characin to exodon paradoxus. It was incredible honestly, they killed pretty much all my hyphessobrycon wadai overnight and I have only a few blue ribbon left, despite the significant size disparity. I've had dominant males in the group leave water as they're chasing eachother, individuals have their eye ripped out only to immediately attack another fish moments later, and plenty of other aggressive behaviour. They've reduced the group size by 10 from fighting.
Wow, that is actually surprising to read of this, thats a real shame as I do like the look of those tetras to be fair and if had the right water requirements, would have seriously considered getting those.

Sorry that has turned to be a regret and the loss of some of your other stock is not great news.

Good news in getting to swap those out for stocking you prefer to have.

Good luck with the new lighting, hope that works out.

Hey y'all. This tank has been running in various incarnations since 2015. I bought from a fish store I was working at that went out of business, the tank is probably upwards of 30 years old. It's 72"x18"x16".

It's currently an South American themed, with crossocheilus and botia I couldn't be bothered to remove. It's been an Orinoco inspired hardscape only tank until today when I planted it.

I'm pretty happy with its current iteration.

That’s close to the size of a 125 G I have on order. It’s 72 x 18 x 22

Love it.
What’s the turtles name?

Keep the films coming please!
Im using them to convince MrsLurch that a 72”x12”x12” or similar would look better than the 24”x12”x12” that currently holds my increasing stock of Heterandria Formosa. Plus when the tank lights are on itill act as mood lighting! She already loves that aspect of the 15G.

It may however mean losing my 120L/30G tank in compromise.
Hmm. I'm not too sure what the turtles name is anymore, I always call him "the turtle". I think my girlfriend named him after Professor Farnsworth from Futurama, I'll have to ask her!

The longer tank won't only look better, but it'll be easier to maintain for water stability, and it'll be more ethical to give the fish more space! Sell all the points! I miss my tank for h. formosa, I had a group of them and some other less common livebearers.

Make the 30G a refugium/sump for the new tank instead!

Wow, that is actually surprising to read of this, thats a real shame as I do like the look of those tetras to be fair and if had the right water requirements, would have seriously considered getting those.

Sorry that has turned to be a regret and the loss of some of your other stock is not great news.

Good news in getting to swap those out for stocking you prefer to have.

Good luck with the new lighting, hope that works out.
It's a bit of a bummer as I love the look of them too, they're developing red in their anal fins now and blue speckling on their bodies.

We have all the fish coming in on new shipments this month at work, so it should be fully restocked by the new year. Happy I won't have to pay retail for all these blue ribbon again.

Sneaking a full rack shot into this thread.
PXL_20211204_023300311~2.jpg

Well, I have to assume I've done something to anger the fish gods. My eheim jager heater malfunctioned and made my tank into a bathtub. I've got maybe 6 blue ribbon tetra and diamond tetra left respectively, with no blueberry survivors. I had recently restocked my tank with the tetra too. Luckily, all my other fish pulled through the great cooking relatively unaffected.

I had to pull everything out to clean out all the fatalities, so I took the opportunity to do a rescape.

Prior to the great bake off, my angelfish were breeding. It looks like the eggs were left unprotected in the heat, and something ate them despite being in 35°C water. I also bought an L333 King Tiger pleco, which you'll be able to see around the midpoint of the video.

IMG_20211228_010906_815.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back