Si's Low Tech Tank Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tank looks great :good: . if its on timers then youre good to go... And if the power goes out... Well then you have bigger things to worry about :p

Havn't updated in ages...tank is ridiculously overgrown! A couple of my echindorus plants are too big for the tank. Will have to get my act together and sell them or something.

Been busy since uni trying to find a job so havn't got the money to do a rescape like I would like...

Nice to see ya Back Si, and where are the pics?

Hope you get a job soon mate!

I'll try to get some up asap...

I'll hopefully get some pics of the plants individually as I would like to get rid of a few! :lol:

and cheers :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of this now, really love the fern and carpet in this scape.

Slight rescape.. moved the whole carpet to the right side of the tank and a few other things. No major changes though (unfortunately..I would like to totally re do it with rock as my hardscape!)

Pics coming tomorrow :p

I was thinking of trying to redo my scape as a V shape, forget the actual name hah, but bigger plants on left and right and then in the middle have smaller plants...however the hardscape didn't look right so i took it out, gave it a scrub and moved it a little.

but anyway! it ended up as a triangle scape i suppose... not all that different.

CIMG4379.jpg

CIMG4380.jpg

CIMG4382.jpg

CIMG4383.jpg

CIMG4384.jpg

CIMG4385.jpg

CIMG4386.jpg

cleared up today but have been a bit busy. no co2... TPN+ and easycarbo with 6 hours of light. Can't wait for the carpet to grow in on this side instead. Should hopefully have a bigger impact, especially with the longer grass behind it too.

Better picture. Added co2 to help the carpet grow... Algae here I come :look:

Any ideas on the scape... very welcome of thoughts/ideas!

Its missing something in the middle at the back I think. Hopefully the longer grass will soon get going and I can put some there but there isn't much space at all. The crypts are a little close to the front for my liking but meh. It should look more triangular too as the java fern in the middle is a bit big.

SNV11488.jpg

Grass(e. parvula) is a little yellow as its all been moved. Should soon get going as it has more light where it is now.

The new picture is a whole lot better! The scape itself looks great, and it will look fantastic once the grass has grown in together. Unsure of something in the middle towards the back, i quite like it.

Rams look fantastic too! :D

Also, the co2 looks like stars at night :lol:

Cheers :good: I like the idea of stars :lol:

Maybe the ludwigia shoots can be moved across slightly as more develop. We'll see!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back