Siphon clips or hose clamps

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I can only find these, for straight edge aquariums:
Screenshot_20220621_134626.jpg
Screenshot_20220621_134636.jpg

My edges at the top have this bulky, slanted part and I inherited this tank, didn't set it up and have never removed and don't know if it is removable or how hard it is to remove.... Are there any sort of clamps or clips available that would hold my tubes in place on this thing's edges?
IMG_20220621_134321.jpg
IMG_20220621_134304.jpg
IMG_20220621_135028.jpg

Oh I see what you mean.. Like a 90° connector to rest on the tank edge?
Yes but you use 2 x 90 degree connectors so you get a U shape. You can put a short length of pvc pipe between the 2 x 90 degree elbows so it is wide enough to fit over the edge (if required).

Then glue another length of pvc pipe to one end of the U and use a hose clamp to hold some hose onto that bit of pvc pipe.

Yes but you use 2 x 90 degree connectors so you get a U shape. You can put a short length of pvc pipe between the 2 x 90 degree elbows so it is wide enough to fit over the edge (if required).

Then glue another length of pvc pipe to one end of the U and use a hose clamp to hold some hose onto that bit of pvc pipe.
Very clever. Thanks :)

You can also put a T to divert flow sideways to reduce downward flow if necessary.

You can also put a T to divert flow sideways to reduce downward flow if necessary.
I use a 2-stage intake filter on the output. It breaks up the downward flow and filters the water to 50 mesh(297 micron) so no pet hair or debris gets in the tank. Here is the one I used...

Hose Inlet Strainer Filter - Inlet Suction Strainer Mesh Filter - with 50 Mesh Screen High-Pressure Water Inlet Pipe Self-Suction Pipe Filter Joint - for Water Pump Garden Cleaner Fovolat https://a.co/d/4DqdRgt

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I also recommend a check valve to prevent syphoning. Here is the one I used...

12mm Check Valve, Plastic Inline Check Valve, One Way Non Return Check Valve for Water Fuel Gas Liquid Air https://a.co/d/gdfb3au

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back