Sinking betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My Betta Sebastian can't seem to float. He keeps sinking to the bottom! I am going to get my water tested today. Any idea as to what could be the cause?

Could it possibly be swim bladder disease? My betta suffered from it due to overfeeding. Does your betta look swollen? Have you tried feeding a de shelled blanched pea?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Any chance of a picture and short 20 second video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

---------------------------
If fish sink to the bottom and struggle to swim up or remain buoyant in the water, it's usually a swim bladder problem. And if they automatically float to the surface and struggle to swim down it can be a swim bladder issue or too much dry food. Post a short video of the fish swimming and sinking and we can go from there.

unfortunately, internal problems in fish are very hard to treat and by the time the fish shows any signs, it's usually too late.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back