Since it seems OK I'll add some of my photos.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
My camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T3 12 MP although some of the following were taken with an Olympus 3.1 MP years ago. The Canon has a 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens with both having Image Stabilization. The Olympus was basically just a 'point and shoot', my first digital camera.

This first one will take off off site to my gallery. The site is totally safe. It is a LARGE panorama of local mountains. Taken with the Canon. LOL! I challenge anyone to find a fault in stitching the individual shots together to make the panorama. ;)

Just a big rock but I think rather cool.
A-big-rock-small.jpg

A pretty cool cloud.
IMG_0730-small.JPG

A mule deer that followed me around like a lonely puppy wanting oranges.
GEDC0720.JPG

Nice reflection on a duck in the local wetlands.
IMG_1289.JPG

Just a goose that I made into a dragon.
dragon-flight-1-small.JPG

The following were taken with the Olympus when I lived in Florida.

One of all time favorite shots.
seagull-1.jpg

The horned owl from hell. Seemed to not like cameras. This shot is when it returned to the branch after dive bombing me...
hornedowl5_001.jpg

Ceder Wax Wings.
waxwings.jpg

Just a blue jay.
beerme7.jpg

Actually, technically, a bad photo but I like... It is totally blown out as to exposure Some times a bad shot can still be cool.
beerme6.jpg

Just a couple of air show shots.

copter3.jpg

jet20.jpg

My camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T3 12 MP although some of the following were taken with an Olympus 3.1 MP years ago. The Canon has a 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens with both having Image Stabilization. The Olympus was basically just a 'point and shoot', my first digital camera.

This first one will take off off site to my gallery. The site is totally safe. It is a LARGE panorama of local mountains. Taken with the Canon. LOL! I challenge anyone to find a fault in stitching the individual shots together to make the panorama. ;)

Just a big rock but I think rather cool.
View attachment 164794

A pretty cool cloud.
View attachment 164795

A mule deer that followed me around like a lonely puppy wanting oranges.
View attachment 164796

Nice reflection on a duck in the local wetlands.
View attachment 164797

Just a goose that I made into a dragon.
View attachment 164798

The following were taken with the Olympus when I lived in Florida.

One of all time favorite shots.
View attachment 164799

The horned owl from hell. Seemed to not like cameras. This shot is when it returned to the branch after dive bombing me...
View attachment 164800

Ceder Wax Wings.
View attachment 164801

Just a blue jay.
View attachment 164802

Actually, technically, a bad photo but I like... It is totally blown out as to exposure Some times a bad shot can still be cool.
View attachment 164808

Just a couple of air show shots.

View attachment 164812

View attachment 164813
Nice pics!
Since you asked ;-)
I think i can slightly see the seam. Very good though!
1660435742711.png

Nice pics!
Since you asked ;-)
I think i can slightly see the seam. Very good though!
View attachment 164814
Actually the panorama stitching was done with a free utility offered by Canon called 'Stitcher'. It is OLD but works pretty well. Don't know about now but, years ago, it was included on the Canon tools install disk but not listed in the menu... you had to look for it. Also need to have a Conon camera or printer connected to install.

Actually I wish I still had the Olympus point and shoot camera as it was a really good camera that would still be good for carrying around and catching that good shot that wasn't expected.! Even though being just 3.1 MP it would still print perfectly at 11x14 inches. When I left Florida I had a roomie that loved taking photos but would never be able to afford a camera so I left the Olympus with her.

Actually MP, mega pixels, is the drawback with digital cameras. Even though digital has a lot of advantages it is still restricted by the number of dots in the image, mega pixels, and the size that can be printed is finite before it will start to break up. With film cameras the shot is analog with no dots involved. A 35 mm negative does not look like much but can be blown up to pretty much any size you want.

Last edited:
Actually the panorama stitching was done with a free utility offered by Canon called 'Stitcher'. It is OLD but works pretty well. Don't know about now but, years ago, it was included on the Canon tools install disk but not listed in the menu... you had to look for it. Also need to have a Conon camera or printer connected to install.
Interesting. Didnt know they made a stitching tool. I usually get mine with my iphone. It does a decent job.

You just can't believe any photo that you see now. They are all altered. It is such a pity that the art of photography has gone because everyone alters the images.

You just can't believe any photo that you see now. They are all altered. It is such a pity that the art of photography has gone because everyone alters the images.
You are a such a party pooper 🤣 anytime anyone is having fun..oh, watch out! Here comes B with his negativity and whinging about the good ol' days! 🤪 what you like?!

Really nice! Really interesting wildlife you have around you too!

Since it seems OK I'll add some of my photos.​

Really nice shots..! 👍

I think my favorite is the first photo! Really love how it's all aligned

I assume that your comment is in relation to the goose turned dragon. ;) The 'dragon' was actually an experiment to learn something as I very rarely modify an image other than to mayhaps crop. There ARE some things I will do though. For instance I did a vertical flip on the following to make the image in the drop upright along with cropping. I see nothing wrong with this. :dunno:

water-drop-cropped-small.jpg

I think my favorite is the first photo! Really love how it's all aligned
Actually that panorama was another experiment. Haven't really done another since.

Here is another experiment. It is just water in a square glass container with a drop of water dropped in. Being in a square container gives a totally different result that water in a round container. The container being square is what causes the 'mosaic' effect.

Water 1.JPG

I assume that your comment is in relation to the goose turned dragon. ;) The 'dragon' was actually an experiment to learn something as I very rarely modify an image other than to mayhaps crop. There ARE some things I will do though. For instance I did a vertical flip on the following to make the image in the drop upright along with cropping. I see nothing wrong with this. :dunno:

View attachment 164853
That's brilliant!
I love how that turned out! You are really good with a camera!
Actually that panorama was another experiment. Haven't really done another since.

Here is another experiment. It is just water in a square glass container with a drop of water dropped in. Being in a square container gives a totally different result that water in a round container. The container being square is what causes the 'mosaic' effect.

View attachment 164854
That's a very interesting capture there

That's brilliant!
I love how that turned out! You are really good with a camera!

That's a very interesting capture there
Isn't all skill. ;) If you take enough shots a few are probably going to be OK. ;) There have been times when I've gone out and taken 200 shots and mayhaps kept 10-20.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back