Silverfish Aquariums

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tomtomtom1230

Fishaholic
Reaction score
http://www.octopusstudios.com/aquagallery.htm

Discuss :) For the record, I think it's more of a fashion statement than an aquarium and you could only keep very small fish in there regardless of the entire capacity. Looks cool though.

I don't like them. Despite what they say, I can't imagine they're in any way easy to maintain.

I think there are two types of fishkeepers; ones who's focus is the fish (like me; I don't much care what my tanks look like; the fish are the focus for me) and there are those who's focus is on the 'decorative' aspect, with the fish coming second.

Those tanks are definitely aimed at the second group, not the first ;)

Agreed. Provided the fish are comfortable, I will be happy. Obviously, there is some satisfaction to be had in a good looking tank. I couldn't have a tank like that though, because making it look natural would be near impossible.

I don't like them. Despite what they say, I can't imagine they're in any way easy to maintain.

I think there are two types of fishkeepers; ones who's focus is the fish (like me; I don't much care what my tanks look like; the fish are the focus for me) and there are those who's focus is on the 'decorative' aspect, with the fish coming second.

Agreed agreed but, I think you may have overlooked a third category. Fishkeepers who balance both focusing on the fish and the more "decorative" side of things, focusing on both equally.

lo, yeah; that's me being too black & white again :)

Agreed agreed but, I think you may have overlooked a third category. Fishkeepers who balance both focusing on the fish and the more "decorative" side of things, focusing on both equally.
That's pretty much me I guess.
I don't really like transparent fish or shoaling species, I prefer fish that have at least one of these two attributes: beauty or character. Bonus if they have both.

I like tanks that look good, but I don't see bowls as anything fancy. Now, if you show me some epic hexagonal or rectangular fish tank with awesome decorations (not brightly colored or non-stone based) but also natural plants, I would be like O_O .

The only thing that is dragging me to the middle and not all the way towards the well-being of the fish is that I get so attached to them that I just cannot give them up when I'm in a pickle, but instead get stubborn to try to compensate for what I lack, just to not be apart from my pets.

I'm in the third category!!! They are nice to look at but how fish would feel trying to swim in them I'm not so sure. Bit too much of a fashion statement for me!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back