SILVER SHARK

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

big G

Reaction score
i have asilver shark (bakla shark ?) its about ayear old and its around 3-4 " now .i have been told they can get quite big . "HOW BIG" ?. its also a dossile member of the tank,can this change if it does get big?. :unsure:

You are going to need a MUCH bigger tank in the future, silver (bala) sharks can grow to around 13" and 11" is not unlikely.
Balas generally stay docile but when bigger may "accidently" eat tiny fish like neons and other small tetras while feeding. They are a shoaling fish and should only be kept in groups of 3 or more, a 100g (400L) tank is needed to keep a group of adult fish.

the biggest i hav seen was 14 inches in a 300g tank, i hav also heard of quite a few others of this kind of size and know they can easily reach 10 inches or more

bala sharks usually get to around 10 inches if your 28 gallon is lon and isnt too crouded i think it will be fine and they will stay peacfull when they grow but im not sure if theyll eat smaller fish.

wow you are way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way , you need to sort that out you should probably only have the first and maybe second line of you sig. in their and thats pushing it

Most reactions

Back