Silver/hujeta Gar Feeding Question

PhatRam32

Reaction score
I have had my Hujeta/Silver Gar for 8 days now and he seems to be doing fine. However, are these guys really picky eaters? Reason why I am asking is because sometimes he goes after the blood worms and krill that I feed him with authority and there are other times where he is not interested in food. It seems like he eats at random times during the day and have had success with him eating every 2 days so far. Is this normal eating behavior?

•  

Hujetas are a shoaling tetra that shoal just as most other tetras. hes probably shy andneeds some company. i had four for a few years and found them to be veracious feeders striking any thing that hits the water. however when i first had them i had somespanner barbs in with them and the boisterous barbs put them off feeding no end to the point i had torehomethe barbs.

I really suggest you buy some more hujetas soon. How big are yours? myfemales almost grew to 7inches with the males being a tad smaller so i hope you know what your getting yourself in for.

It's been 2 weeks and he/she is doing a lot better now that he/she is getting used to the tank. The Gar now literally eats anything including fish flakes! I just need to control the amount of food he eats so he does not eat himself to death! Mine is small about 2.5 inches in length so far. I thought about getting another one but my local pet shop just sold out and won't getting more in for a few weeks.  They are great to watch though. So quick when he strikes!

Yeah they are great but the secondu can you really really need to get some more

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back