Silver dollar and white skirt tetra with Parrots??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AlphaChad431

Reaction score
Currently have a recovering half dollar sized silver dollar fish and a lone white tetra in a 20g tank I am setting up for my 2 red jewel cichlids. Problem is I need to house the tetra and silver dollar and my only option is putting them in my 45g with my 2 palm of hand sized parrots and and red tailed shark. Would this pairing work? I’d assume the tetra would not survive for obvious reasons but would a small school of them work in the way of a predator deterrent much like a tiger barb school. I’d really not like to set up another tank just to house a tetra that I want to hold on to but if that’s what I have to do then I will. Thanks for any opinions and suggestions.

Way too small sorry , I had 5 silver dollars in a 125g and they filled the tank there as tall as they are long and just as fat they love to swim and they swim with conviction mine were often bumping into the glass even with 5ft swim space , big fish . So are parrots , I think the two parrots alone are pushing it in the end

Both mentioned species, Silver Dollar and White Skirt Tetra are shoaling fish and they need a group. They will be stressed alone, and this often turns into aggression. Given the tank issue above post mentions, re-homing them would be the most humane action, though the aggression can depend upon how long they have been without the required shoal. This need is part of the genetic makeup of the species, and the fish expect it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back