Silver Arowana With Jardini Arowana

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tinytonez

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I curruntly have a Jardini Arowana about 30cm long in a 6 foot tank. I was wondering if it will be possible to introduce a silver arowana into the tank. Will it be ok, or will they start attacking each other?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

There is a highly likely chance the silver will get murdered by the jardini, as a rule you either keep one arowana or at least 5 to spread aggression but with jardini's even this doesnt work, they are just mean. Most jardini's wont accept any tankmates at all once they get over 30cm let alone other fish that occupy the upper levels of the tank and have similar bodyshapes, mine has gone through loads of different fish to find ones that it will live with in relative harmony and the only free swimming fish i have found that it will live with is a freshwater dorado which is equally aggressive and nasty. Oscars, Peacock bass and big Central American Cichlids have been sent cowering into corners and catfish nearly as long as you arm have been scared to come out of their caves from the jardini terrorising them.

as said jardinis are evil,and its hard enough to find any kind of community for them,let alone one with other top dwellers.according to what ive read even in established asian arowana communities they will often fight and batter each other quite badly

Jardini.........bad wittle fishy.....
Stick with the silver.
Both CFC and I have had jars in the past with the same ending...gone!
We live a world apart so if that says anything. To me they are beautiful arrows, but not worth the hassle.
My silver is a doll...... :wub:
AS far as fish go ;)

Jardini.........bad wittle fishy.....
Stick with the silver.
Both CFC and I have had jars in the past with the same ending...gone!
We live a world apart so if that says anything. To me they are beautiful arrows, but not worth the hassle.
My silver is a doll...... :wub:
AS far as fish go ;)

:lol: Only my one came back as it was too aggressive for its new owners and its still strutting its stuff in the 180 in the fishroom like its king of the world, its really matured into an absolutely stunning fish but it is such a bas***d.

I think my silver has been taking notes from the jardini as well, thats starting to be a bit of a git now its reached 2 feet, chases the p bass around and trys to bite my hands when i'm doing water changes, until i poke it with the stick :grr:

I stopped by lfs yesterday after work to see if they got any new stock in and they had! They actually had two silver arowana in a 30G. They were both bout 5 inches and were just looking to rip eachother apart. I watched in amusement for bout 10 min as they just circled eachother.... round and round they went and I figured one would charge the other but they never did. I hope somebody buys one before they kill eachother...... :crazy:

O and the other fish in the tank def stayed out of their way when they got near (the other fish were three tinfoils, a species of catfish, and a massive common plec.. prob 13")

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back