Silly Veil..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vancouver

- l l a m a s -
Reaction score
So mr veiltail decided it was going to jump the divider and fight the plakat next door..

Mr veiltail wasnt looking so well a few weeks ago, but hes back in action.. fins growing back, and turning blue

You can see the combatants below.. when I found them, plakat had a bunch of mr veiltails tail still sticking out of his mouth.

54ni3ip.jpg

Nice looking fish. Sounds like they had a bit of a good time. Glad to see you caught them before any damage was done.

naughty little boys .... gee human males are not much diff than Betta males boys will be boys :lol:

*please note I know not all guys love getting into fights and yes that was a major generalisation and stereotype ... just for laughs :)*

LOL ^ :p

Wow, you got lucky! They both look in good shape ;)
Hopefully he won't jump it again. :)
Silly boy!

naughty little boys .... gee human males are not much diff than Betta males boys will be boys :lol:

*please note I know not all guys love getting into fights and yes that was a major generalisation and stereotype ... just for laughs :)*

don't apologize! we ARE pretty much all like that!
:) hehe

my boys did that once. actually i had trouble with the divider a few times, but after the first fight there was never any issue, they both knew who was boss.

I took all the dividers out after that accident.. Didn't think it was worth risking again.. The white one was in horrible shape a few weeks ago. It only had a few little strands left of it's tail and anal fin.. It's tail looks nothing like it did before the accident, but hopefully it will keep growing.

I was pretty surprised that it made it through to be honest.. for a few days after the fight it just sat on the bottom not moving or eating.

The plakat didn't have a mark on him.. It's really obvious to see why they are bred for fighting.. They are tough little buggers.

Sorry to hear one of them was injured. I hope he makes a quick recovery. Where did you put the fish when you took the dividers out? My divider reaches up to the top of the glass lid. Could you somehow raise yours up so they can't jump over?

I just had knitting board between them... I don't know if it jumped the divider, or slipped by it on the side somehow.. I always keep a few extra little betta containers around for problems like that.. So the plakat got moved to a smaller container, while the injured one took the previously divided tank to himself.

some more pics
4xy1zs3.jpg

4ls0bbo.jpg

52n4cie.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back