Silly Question: Wash your hands?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

starzfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Silly Question: do you wash your hands before handling aquarium equipment/cleaning your tank? A bunch of people say to not use soap on anything aquarium related. Does it include your hands? Sorry, its a very silly/random question.

I will use a mild soap and a good rinse, and then rinse with distilled vinegar and again with tap. Then tanks get a dose of conditioner when I am done. If I am going to be working on the tanks for awhile, I use shoulder length gloves.

I use a mild foaming hand soap that rinses off easy, and just let the water run the soap off really well

Not a silly question at all! A very sensible one in fact! Do wash your hands but make sure you've rinsed them very well

I just rinse my hands off with hot water. Then I dry them off with a paper towel.

Silly Question: do you wash your hands before handling aquarium equipment/cleaning your tank? A bunch of people say to not use soap on anything aquarium related. Does it include your hands? Sorry, its a very silly/random question.
I always use super hot water and make sure to dry my hands with a clean towel.

I have used soap in the past, but I really prefer no chemicals.

If you don't have anything on your skin (perfumes, moisturising cream, hand sanitiser residue, etc), then just work in the tank. However, if you have anything on your skin, wash it off first otherwise it can poison the fish.

Avoid using soaps that contain perfumes because these leave a residue on the skin.

Avoid using hand sanitizer if you have access to soap and water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back