Signatures

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently changed mine as it had a pic and a list,

looks alot neater.

Jake

Is the UKAPS sig acceptable? It IS a competing forum. I thought the rule was 'no links to other sites'. I know someone else just recently had their signature pulled for linking to another board.

OMG, is everyone out to destroy other useful forums, it clearly just looks like a picture, its not like it says, CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE uKaps WEBSITE. after all, i get bored of answering the same questions regarding plants.
things like how do i care for them, have i been sold a non aquatic species, what do i do when planting, 'oh my plant is dying help!' if you just tell them there are othet plant forums out there then they can find them, and perhaps get some info. or maybe someone should create a sticky if there isnt already one.

Is the UKAPS sig acceptable? It IS a competing forum. I thought the rule was 'no links to other sites'. I know someone else just recently had their signature pulled for linking to another board.

OMG, is everyone out to destroy other useful forums, it clearly just looks like a picture, its not like it says, CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE uKaps WEBSITE. after all, i get bored of answering the same questions regarding plants.
things like how do i care for them, have i been sold a non aquatic species, what do i do when planting, 'oh my plant is dying help!' if you just tell them there are othet plant forums out there then they can find them, and perhaps get some info. or maybe someone should create a sticky if there isnt already one.
well said nick ;)

Lol you know i find it funny that you complain that one rule isn't being followed (sig length) then complain when someone points out a violation of another rule

that is really inconsistent i had a link in my signature and it was removed without a single warning.
if you are going to remove my link then you should be fair and remove all links.

that is really inconsistent i had a link in my signature and it was removed without a single warning.
if you are going to remove my link then you should be fair and remove all links.

Stop being silly UKaps is hardly a competing forum. They specialize in plants, TFF is a general forum really but has a few specialized areas in which user can post. But I see its emphasis on helping new people. Ukaps is all plants, I know Im a member there and most if not all of its topic areas are about plants.

Inconsistentcy, I think not. Ignorance on your part, I think so....

Stop being silly UKaps is hardly a competing forum. They specialize in plants, TFF is a general forum really but has a few specialized areas in which user can post. But I see its emphasis on helping new people. Ukaps is all plants, I know Im a member there and most if not all of its topic areas are about plants.

nice to see you back ace ;)

nice to see you back ace ;)

Yeah it ended yesterday, But was out all day :D

I've never really agreed with the no links to competing forums rule but I think that's a choice for the site owner to make and since we're playing with his ball we play by his rules.

UKaps is a forum with a focus on aquatic plants, more often than not, if a query comes up that seriously outside the remit of plants then we point users back here as the place to get more information. I think it is this symbiotic relationship that makes us not a competing forum but a related one. It's also notable that a lot of the regulars on UKaps are also regulars on here, so it doesn't draw people away from this site.

I don't know what the link was that was removed but I'm sure that if you can show that the site is not a competing one but one that has close ties and benefits to TFF then there's no reason why it wouldn't be allowed.

I have no problem with the UKAPS site. I am a member there as well. But when someone posted a link in their sig to ***** (a forum with only 14 members), it was removed due to its being a "competing" forum. I'd just like to know exactly what we are competing for...neither forum makes any money, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back