Sick? Wounded? Cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kevin D.

Reaction score
So we have a few fish and one of them (the cory) has a red bump on him/her. We just noticed it today when we did a water change, and I took these photos. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be and how to heal it? There are other fish, but they don't seem to mess with each other, so I don't think it is a battle wound.
We got him about 3 months ago, along with a little shrimp and added them to an aquarium with a molly and a ... uhm... something else small and colorful. Everyone looks healthy, except the little bump on the cory and everyone is acting normal (include him)

Any ideas would be helpful.

Attachments

• ccDSC_6258.jpg
    ccDSC_6258.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 248
  • ccDSC_6261.jpg
    ccDSC_6261.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 263
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It could be a tumour, cysts or blood blister.

A blood blister should heal up without any help (just do big water changes and gravel cleans to keep the tank clean).

A cysts will continue to grow as will a tumour, however the tumour will change colour and usually go lumpy. there is nothing you can do for a tumour or cysts and the fish eventually die from it.

I would monitor it over the next few weeks and see how it goes.

Increase water changes and gravel cleaning to make sure the tank is clean and the fish should heal up without any outside help. With sick or injured fish I like to do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week or more just to get the water spotless.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

And clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. If you use a power filter, wash the filter materials in a bucket of tank water.

you may want to keep a close on on that dorsal fin as well.

Most reactions

trending

Back