Sick Platy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pumpkinnose

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
DSC00915.jpg

Ok I know not the best pic but at least in it you can tell this fish's fin is clear well now her fin looks like this. 

Platy_zps311c86d1.jpg

I can't really give you good readings on the water conditions because I've been trying to fight a fungus in the tank and have lost all but 3 of my guppies.  Now I'm with this.  I did do a water change today though since the ammonia was way up with the filter not being in there but am going to put my hubby's filter in the tank and put a new one in his.

Wow, your fish is really pregnant!!

I would say its probably a result of that, or it may just be the light or possibly you got her mixed up with the other fish in the top photo

I hope it is the only problem with her.  She's my oldest and I've really fallen in love with her.  

Yeah i googled it and some people say their color changes slightly when they're pregnant.

I sure hope your set up for fry, platies are livebearers and wont stop breeding!!

Yeah we know they pop out babies like crazy. We've had her for over a year now and taken babies to a local pet store because they keep over populating my tank. Most of my platies now are ones we have had since birth. I'm about to decrease my platy population again to add some opaline gourmi to the tank. I'm debating about keeping the oldest three females and maybe a male and then getting the gourmi. And we have like 2 platy and 2 guppy babies in a 2.5g for just right now and then there are at least 1 little one in with the adults.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back