Sick pearl gourami?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, my pearl gourami has very muted colors compared to the usual, he didn't even eat today and he is the dominant fish in the aquarium, he usually push the other pearl gouramis away from the food. I will make updates everyday on the situation.

He is the only fish acting weird in the aquarium. The only things I have changed are that I added 6 corys sunday and I have fed the fish on the right side of this aquarium wich is not his territory for the last 2 days. Also I have to say that I have no idea how old he is because he has not grown since I got him so maybe he is old and I don't even know it and he is on his last days or I am just dramatic.

pictures and video of the fish?
what's the water quality (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH)?
how big is the fish?
what does its poop look like?

pictures and video of the fish?
what's the water quality (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH)?
how big is the fish?
what does its poop look like?
Update: He still did not eat today but I will try again later becacaused after I fed the fish he seemed interested a little bit.
I only have the nitrite test and it's 0ppm, the other fish are doing fine so I doubt it's the water quality.
His poop looks weird I have a photo actually.
He is like 4 inch I would say.

poop photo:

Attachments

• 20210203_134619.jpg
    20210203_134619.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 78
He looks fine, colors are normal...may just be getting used to the newbies on the substrate

He looks fine, colors are normal...may just be getting used to the newbies on the substrate
He was more pale yesterday, maybe he was a little stressed. I hope he's just getting used to them

Thank you, I will wait a few days but even if I was to get medication I don't think I could, I live in canada, what could I do?

Update: he did not eat and hide while I was feeding, the other male pearl gourami is now more dominant also.

He's still moving around the aquarium but won't eat.

He's still moving around the aquarium but won't eat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back