Sick? ... Or Maybe Not, Not Sure.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Here is the story. We moved about two weeks ago. Moving the tank was a success and the filter was kept wet and stayed cycled.

My betta stressed put big time and took a few days to chill. But since has been "off".

My betta physically looks perfect, eating fine. I thought maybe there was some change in the water that I can't test for so I looked that up and water is the same here. So, I don't think its that.

My new theory is.... maybe he is scouting shrimp pellets and that is making him feel ill and lethargic. I feed the shrimp through a straw at the back of the tank, every other day, while my betta is fed at the front. But... now he seems so much more himself today which is a day I'm not feeding the shrimp.

Has anyone had this happen?

I feed the shrimp pellets from Hikari.

Has anyone had this happen?
Yes, Bettas seem to think that any food that's put in the tank is for them. I have Kuhli Loaches and my Betta is quite content to pick at the Loach wafers, try feeding blood worm or black worm in a community tank where the betta is the big fish. Luckily my Rasboras know to get in fast when I feed them.

I think its normal for betta to be stressed after moving. Try a product like :http://www.apifishca...52#.Ve1vo51Vikoit will decrease the bettas stress.
IMO If you " must " add anything Indian Almond Leaf is better for a Betta.

It does sound like he is probably gorging on the pellets which are making him feel off, they are such little pigs they will eat till they burst! how does his belly look to you? I cannot keep any shrimp with my current betta as he will hunt them down even though I would like to 
sad.png
I had a little terracotta pot up turned in my tank with a hole big enough for the shrimp to get in but not the betta when I used to keep the species together a while back which worked well.

His belly is bigger after eating, but it doesn't stay that way.  I feed him 4 Betta Bio Gold pellets (soaked beforehand).  I also fast him one day week... well.. I actually feed him daphnia that day and he decides to fast himself and the shrimp it is instead. 

Also, the shrimps pellets sink and his own float.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back