Sick molly?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JamesTasker

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my yellow mollies has turned white and slightly transparent. It's been like it for maybe 2 weeks with no other signs of ailing. Does anyone know why? The other two are fine.

Where has she turned white on the fish all over or just parts of her.

Also can you post water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, what size tank, which fish and how many.

Can you reply as that molly is a sick fish.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0.25ppm
Nitrate - 15ppm

I'm about to do a water change, and it isn't the nitrite causing the molly's colour change because it has been 0ppm the last two weeks when I checked and that's when its colour changed.

I don't have a pH testing kit, but my water is hard, so it's probably slightly alkaline.

Tank is 30 gallons, there are 3 mollies, 1 platy, 8 neons, 1 glowlight, 5 red-eye tetras and 2 kuhli loaches.

Do you mean it on the fin thought you meant body.

I've confused myself and you now. It isn't finrot. I'm pretty sure it isn't either of the other two articles either, although I didn't understand the first one. It seems ok, and has been like it for two weeks as I say.

Columnaris can show it self in many different ways like patches of white on the body, or it sometimes a greyish white with trailing mucas that can be a parasite or a bacteria infection.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back