Sick Kenyi cichlid. Please help.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishLover21

Reaction score
Hello, I have a baby kenyi cichild that have been sick for a week now. I am not sure what's wrong with her. She got white-like spot on one of her side. Somehow, she is alive and is eating just fine. I placed her in small "hospital" bucket so she can rest and heal. She couldn't swim normally and always lie down on her wound side. She did not float at all. I changed 50% of water everyday. I did added few drops of melafix as well for open body wound. I am not sure if it does help. I did the best everything I could to do to help her to feel better. I am trying figure out what's exactly wrong with her. Will she ever get heal from that white-like spot? I uploaded two pictures of her. Please let me know what I can do to help her. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8486.jpg
    IMG_8486.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8487.jpg
    IMG_8487.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 43
What is in the tank with her. It looks like a war wound to me
She's currently by herself in the small hospital bucket with nothing inside. I moved her from normal tank to small bucket last week. In the tank, there are baby fishes: African and Kenyi cichlids. I don't see any violent between fishes. They all seem calm to me. Last week she had a red spot at the beginning then her skin start dissolving each day until those white-like start to showing. It seem to me that red spot area is sensitive. She always lay down on her wound side which cause it more worst. Also sometime, she swim around while laying flat on wound side. Hope that's help.

It looks like there is a hole in the side of her body. If it started out as a red sore and spread rapidly, it's probably a flesh eating bacteria.

If that is a hole in the body and you can see the organs, there is not much you can do except euthanise the fish. Then wash your hands well with warm soapy water afterwards.

It looks like there is a hole in the side of her body. If it started out as a red sore and spread rapidly, it's probably a flesh eating bacteria.

If that is a hole in the body and you can see the organs, there is not much you can do except euthanise the fish. Then wash your hands well with warm soapy water afterwards.
Okay, thank you so much.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back