Sick Guppy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Whatever water you take out then add that much salt back in. For instance, if you take 50% of water out then add 50% (1/2) of you original salt dose back in. 1/2 of 5 tablespoons would be 2 1/2 tablespoons.

Whatever water you take out then add that much salt back in. For instance, if you take 50% of water out then add 50% (1/2) of you original salt dose back in. 1/2 of 5 tablespoons would be 2 1/2 tablespoons.

Great thanks. Since I didnā€™t have any salt in there to start with, do I need to add that in addition to what happens in the w/c?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thanks. Since I didnā€™t have any salt in there to start with, do I need to add that in addition to what happens in the w/c?

I donā€™t understand the question. Iā€™m sorry.

I donā€™t understand the question. Iā€™m sorry.

When I started this water change it there was no salt in the tank. I just put in 15 fresh gallons and 5 tablespoons of salt. Do I need to add any additional salt to cover the full volume of the tank? Thanks

You put in enough for 25 gallons. That should be plenty because you have substrate taking up space on the bottom and donā€™t fill the tank all the way to the top. So you are only using roughly 25 gallons of water anyway. Good luck!

Thank you all for your help. Sadly Mr. Guppy didnā€™t survive. I have 2 girls left. Iā€™m going to continue with the water changes for a few more days. How do I ā€œweanā€ them off the salt? Setting up this tank had been heart breaking! I did everything right but something is wrong with my city water. I got it tested for bacteria but itā€™s clear. Iā€™ll used the expensive 5 gallon water from the store from here on out. And find a better source for fish than PetCo! Thanks again!

:rip: Iā€™m so sorry to hear this.

Thank you! Yes itā€™s been a very sad 2 weeks! I lost 6 neon tetras and 3 guppies. Do you have any suggestions on weaning the remaining 2 off the salt water? Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back