Sick Glo-lites

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

vancouver

- l l a m a s -
Reaction score
I've had horrible luck with glo lites lately..

Bought 6, they all died overnight.. Was given 6 more, within 24 hours their bodies were very white. It appears to be under the skin, so I'm thinking bacterial.. At the same time, I wonder if it might be some sort of weird fungus.

I bought some medication that works on both fungal and bacterial infections.

I think only 2 or 3 are left now, and are not looking good.

I think I've done everything I can... If anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Thanks for your time!

-Sean :good:

Hi, I'd say checking your water stats would be your first priority, assuming they were active and showing full colours in the store

They were dull at the store.. I have a feeling they had just come in....

I don't ever check my parameters.. I do more than enough water changes to have to worry..

I did a 40% before I put the first ones in, 40% the next day as they all had died, another 40% a few days later when I got the new ones.. Cleaned the filter as well..

The meds are for 5 days, so after the 5 days I'll do another water change, then another a day or 2 later just to be safe.

It's a 40g square tank.. 6 glo lites, 5 harlequins, 2 angelfish, 1 gold gourami, a bristlenose pleco, and a red tail black shark.. +100s of malaysian trumpet snails..

The shark and angelfish were added when I got the first glo lites, so it's definitely just the glo lites that I've had problems with..

MEH..

Lfs shouldn't sell fish that just have come in. Poor things.
Make sure its not stress.
Bleaching beneath the skin can be columnaris.

Ahhh.. That makes sense..

I finished the 5 day medication cycle.. 3 of the 5 are still alive, and are sympton free. No more yucky white under their skin.

So I guess the treatment was successful to a point. Have to do a 40% change today to get the meds out of the water.

Thanks for your help you 2 !!!!!

Ok.
Keep a close eye on them.
Good Luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back