Sick Dwarf Gourami

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fish345

Reaction score
I bought a dwarf gourami today and he has been swimming at the bottom of the tank the whole day. I heard that they should be spending all their time at the top of the tank.. Any ideas on what’s wrong?

image.jpg

Hi

. Any ideas on what’s wrong?

Yes, There is nothing wrong with him, You just got him today give him a few days to settle in, hes been through a rough time getting netted put into a bag then being transported to your place and being put in a new environment.

Hi

Yes, There is nothing wrong with him, You just got him today give him a few days to settle in, hes been through a rough time getting netted put into a bag then being transported to your place and being put in a new environment.

Thx, glad to hear he’ll start acting normal soon.

Some fish can take a few weeks to settle into their new tank, What other fish are in the tank?

Some fish can take a few weeks to settle into their new tank, What other fish are in the tank?
There are...
5 Albino Corydoras
5 Zebra Danio
1 Dwarf Gourami
Might get something else...

20 gallon Tank
Ph- 7.5 - 8.5
78 degrees F

You are going to hate me now.

1 that substrate looks to rough and sharp for Cories and over time their whiskers will wear away, this is not a good thing.

2 Zebra Danios should be in a tank that's at least 3 feet long.

3 I would also suggest a few live plants including some floating ones, Hornwort is great so is Water sprite.

No I’m not gonna hate you but instead I will listen to your advice....

My substrate is Carib sea eco complete... is this ok for Corys ?

I really didn’t know zebra danios had to be in such a big tank... idk what to do with them now.

I will get some live plants when I have the money becasue I bought this substrate for that purpose...

Any ideas for another type of fish than the danios if I get rid of them?

That makes things a bit harder like the water, What you need is sedate tank mates ones that dont constantly zip around.

Why do I need tank mates that don’t move around?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back