Sick Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Tank size: 1.5g
pH: (forgot to test before adding BettaRevive)
ammonia:(forgot to test before adding BettaRevive)
nitrite:(forgot to test before adding BettaRevive)
nitrate:(forgot to test before adding BettaRevive)
kH:(forgot to test before adding BettaRevive)
gH:(forgot to test before adding BettaRevive)
tank temp: 76 fareinghet (spelling fail)

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
Lethargic, clamped fins, rejecting food, loss of color, hole in fins, unresponsive to movement (very unusual for him)

Volume and Frequency of water changes:
1.5 gallon tank, 25% changed weekly

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:
currently added Bettarevive to help bring him back enough until we figure out what's wrong. Shown a little improvement

Tank inhabitants:
Betta, one nerite snail

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):
nothing for over a month

Exposure to chemicals:
cleaning people came during the weekend? Symptoms noticed Monday

This is the betta we have at work, I was out of town on Monday. I came in today and noticed his lack of color. I was told he'd been like this since yesterday, went home during lunch for meds and immediatley dosed him with BettaRevive when I returned. It's been 2 hours and I've seen slight improvement. There appears to be 2 little holes in his fins. Like in the middle. His fins are clamped however. He's hanging out at the top of the tank since medicating, but was at the bottom this morning. I have no idea what it could be, any help would be appreciated

Hi
Don't know a lot about bettas as I've never managed to keep them. However, looked up instructions for BettaRevive which say it should be used for at least three days up to a maximum of seven days and works best with
daily water changes.

Hope this helps

Glo

Edit: Legit passed away. No visible problems. He seemed to be getting better.... Then voila, dead fish

Bless Him.
R.I.P.

Always post water stats. As it's the first thing we have to look at when fish are sick.
Is it possible some cleaning chemicals could of entered his container, or tank.

I was so concerned with helping him heal a lil I forgot to Check stats first. I was so angry with myself

It's ok. I do understand.
Always make sure you have water stats when posting. It makes it easier, and sometimes faster getting to
the route of the problem.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back