Sick beta ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Sheā€™s in a 1 gallon container at the moment, I took her out of the main tank for a couple days when I noticed something was wrong. I put her in the container to make sure she kept eating... Iā€™ll be moving her to a 6.8 gallon planted tank to live the rest of her life in, so thereā€™s no competition for food from the other fish in the main community tank. Sheā€™ll live alone with a mystery snail in the 6.8.
ok! thats nice.

Sheā€™s in a 1 gallon container at the moment, I took her out of the main tank for a couple days when I noticed something was wrong. I put her in the container to make sure she kept eating... Iā€™ll be moving her to a 6.8 gallon planted tank to live the rest of her life in, so thereā€™s no competition for food from the other fish in the main community tank. Sheā€™ll live alone with a mystery snail in the 6.8.
Well it's a good thing her stool is normal and I think that that 6.8 gal tank will to splendidly. It's good that she is alone because as you said, no competition. The snail will be perfect for cleaning needs. It sounds like you are a fantastic fish owner and you are doing all you can for this lucky fish. Great job, and I wish the best. If anything changes with the condition of the fish, please be sure to make a report!

Well it's a good thing her stool is normal and I think that that 6.8 gal tank will to splendidly. It's good that she is alone because as you said, no competition. The snail will be perfect for cleaning needs. It sounds like you are a fantastic fish owner and you are doing all you can for this lucky fish. Great job, and I wish the best. If anything changes with the condition of the fish, please be sure to make a report!
ofc. Thank you!

Well guys, I donā€™t think sheā€™s gonna make it.. hereā€™s a photo from when I was transitioning her from her personal tank into a hospital tank. This for sure I know isnā€™t normal. Before she curled up she flung herself around. Hereā€™s another photo of her in the hospital tank. She can atleast hold herself up in the water tho..

Attachments

• 8C21B5A5-FB36-42FB-B5C8-85DE260FDC84.jpeg
    8C21B5A5-FB36-42FB-B5C8-85DE260FDC84.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 5E87A00D-90D1-45F2-80DD-1A539F7EAA3D.jpeg
    5E87A00D-90D1-45F2-80DD-1A539F7EAA3D.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 37
Is the picture of her biting her tail the most recent? If so that is very much not good. I recommend making another post in emergency forum to get new eyes on it, I can't think of a cause for this my self, I am so sorry.

Is the picture of her biting her tail the most recent? If so that is very much not good. I recommend making another post in emergency forum to get new eyes on it, I can't think of a cause for this my self, I am so sorry.
She wasnā€™t biting it, she just curled in :(. Iā€™ll post a emergency post..

Thank you, the water peramiters are good. Sheā€™s in a hospital tank right now until I figured out whatā€™s wrong with her, now since i figure itā€™s old age, Iā€™ll be moving her to a smaller planted tank so I can actually feed her.. donā€™t worry about her pale appearance, sheā€™s always had that coloration. The red blood worm looking things are just food I put in today..
Biting the tail is one of 2 things. Either she feels itā€™s too heavy and biting some off or itā€™s from boredom. Move her to the larger tank if itā€™s ready . Lower her water a bit and give her some tall plants to rest in. Then she doesnā€™t have to work so hard to go up and get air. I had an old one that lived about about 8 more months just laying in the plants. He was content so I let him be. One morning when I woke up he had slipped away during the night. Very peacefully.ā¤ļø

Last edited:
If she wasnā€™t biting the tail then she is probably ready to say good bye. Iā€™m so sorry.

Last edited:
I recommend adding the link to this thread to the new emergency post so people can have a background. Best of luck!
No, we try to avoid double posts on same topic. It gets very confusing. Put all info here. I will move this thread to fish emergencies. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back