Sick angelfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Morodder

Reaction score
He has been laying on the bottom for a few days still eating. My other angels are fine. They are in a 50 gallon tank. Any help would be appreciated
just checked water

High ph 7.4
Ph 7.6
Ammonia .025
Nitrate 5
Nitrite 0
Kh 5
Gh10
Main body is about 3 inches

Attachments

• IMG_20210304_162637997.jpg
    IMG_20210304_162637997.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 82
He has been sitting on bottom for a few days. None of my other are acting this way he is in a 50 with a stone to help oxygen. Still wats some. Sitting vertical

just rechecked
High ph 7.4
Ph 7.6
Ammonia .025
Nitrate 5
Nitrite 0
Kh 5
Gh10
Main body is about 3 inches

Don't know to url pic
Hiya welcome to the forums! :)
Anyways from what I see the PH is too high as angelfish like softer water for example 6.8, how long have you had the angel for? This may contradict what I have just said but it might be possible that the other angels are used to a higher PH? Possible disease but most diseases have physical signs, Angelfish also lie at the bottom due to stressful conditions, such as inappropriate ammonia and temperature levels I'm very sorry you are having this problem and I hope we can all help you.

What does the fish's poop look like?
How many other angelfish are in the tank?
Have you added anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

What sort of filter is on the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?

Post pictures of the tank and other fish.

--------------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration to maximise the dissolved oxygen in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back