Siamese Fighting Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jlane1980

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
After quite a bit of research, i can't seem to find any reason not to get a Siamese Fighting Fish. I would really like one, i think these fish look beautiful.
Does anybody know if this is a good idea, i've read that they don't get aggressive if there is only one of them in the tank, that they only get aggressive towards another male.

Any ideas?

I'd like to keep a relatively peaceful tank.

Thanks

Jon

depends on many many things

size of tank
possible tankmates
strength of flow produced by filter

...to name a few.

a lot more information on what you are planning would be useful....

Sorry,
I've just found a page, on thi forum, with loads of info on Bettas. I don't think they'll fit properly with the rest of my 'community'.
So i'm not going to risk it.
Should have looked around a bit more before posting!
:blush:

I find a single Betta splendens is a good fish for a peaceful community tank. In tanks with aggressive fish or fish much larger than the betta, the poor thing will become a victim pretty quickly.

Sorry,
I've just found a page, on thi forum, with loads of info on Bettas. I don't think they'll fit properly with the rest of my 'community'.
So i'm not going to risk it.
Should have looked around a bit more before posting!
:blush:

What else do you have in the tank and what speed is your water flow?

Another option is maybe some female betta, they can be quite colourful now and you can obviously have a few then.

Male bettas are best kept either on their own or with very peaceful fish that won't bully or nip at the betta's fins. Also don't keep more than one male betta, or keep it with other brightly coloured fish or you'll have fireworks!

Mate, i bought a male and have all sorts of tetra n rams mate. Hes a peaceful 1 love flaunting his fins! It suprised me as i was unsure too. Must warn you, they also loves to hide..

Hi jlane1980 :)

I just looked at your profile and saw the fish you already have. IMHO, you made the right decision to not get a betta. One would not do well in your tank.

On the previous posts it depends on the betta. Some are peaceful and some are really aggressive. If you do get one do NOT get them with fancy guppy's or any other fish with a big tail.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back