Siamese Fighting Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Seriously, please do not take MrPandaram's advice. it is reckless and uncaring.

at one point i had 9 male battas and 20+ females in a well planted 9 footer.. reckless indeed ah?

had it for two years and few months.. with only 2 F betta lose..
I'm sure that set up worked fine If I'm honest, but there's a difference between a 2 footer and a 9 footer.

9ft! You might as well have them in a paddy field. The op question was a small tank, so any newbs Reading this, take advice from above. Don't mix bettas unless
you have skill or a paddy field.

Regardless of whether it worked, it doesn't help the OP when it comes to stocking their 54 litre tank.
I would listen to Beth about stocking, I'd either go for 1 male Betta or 3 Honey Gouramies. I would keep an eye on the Neon Tetras though as they have been known to fin nip.
I personally think the tank would be fine for one BN provided it has a good filter and regular maintenance. I wouldn't add any other bottom dwellers though.

I still dont see why you risk it. If you want to keep male and females together why not get wild bettas which IMO are alot nicer looking. Betta splendedns are nothink like wilds bettas splendens have been breed to fight hence they name fighting fish. They are breed to want to attack other males not have a ranking like wilds.

But whats the point? they where breed to be aggressive its not meant for them to be kept together unless under special conditions when spawning. Fair enough if you wan to keep your fish like this but dont try and get other people to. I guarantee at some point some fish in your tank will get seriously injured or killed whether its in weeks,months or years its just waiting to happen.

ok thanks.

9ft! You might as well have them in a paddy field.

it was a build in the ground to breed arowanas in nothern sri lanka.. it was 9 by 4 foot..

Regardless of whether it worked, it doesn't help the OP when it comes to stocking their 54 litre tank.
I would listen to Beth about stocking, I'd either go for 1 male Betta or 3 Honey Gouramies. I would keep an eye on the Neon Tetras though as they have been known to fin nip.
I personally think the tank would be fine for one BN provided it has a good filter and regular maintenance. I wouldn't add any other bottom dwellers though.

I personally think two foot by 0ne foot tank is not even good for 6 neons.

I'm a newbie fish keeper and I'd recommend the male betta! They have great characters and are fun to watch when you put a blood worm cube in! He chases other fish sometimes and flares at some when he's moody but they are really beautiful fish!

I personally think two foot by 0ne foot tank is not even good for 6 neons.

Are u kidding? It's not the biggest of tanks but 6 neons would get lost in there! I have this size of tank as I managed to get it cheap for my first tank and I have 3 mollies 3 plattys a betta 2 corries and 2 shrimpm and it still looks bare!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back