Shrimp missing

Kirsti Miller

Reaction score
Hi, I brought two Giant African Shrimps last week, and not been able to find them in a few days. i've looked under all the ornaments, and nothing. I do have 8 guppies in my tank; would they have eaten them, as the shrimp were 3 times the size of my guppies. Any information would be great.
Thanks Kirsti.

I don’t think the guppies would kill them. They will eat them once dead though. I have one ghost shrimp in my tropical tank and he completely disappeared for several months. He finally showed himself and was twice as big. Guppies and others hadn’t touched him. Heck if I know where he had been. If you have plants and hiding places they’re probably still there. Good luck!

I have 3 African shrimp and they love too hide in some silly places! Is it possible that yours have found a place they like? They can squeeze into really tight places. Some also come out at night maybe have a look then? Also do you have a lid on your tank as they are climbers.

I agree with the others. They will more than likely be in there hiding somewhere.

Especially if you have a secure aquarium lid.

Best of luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back