FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ember04

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have an old 10-gallon bowl from my parent (they used to keep goldfish in it :no:) but it has laid empty for ages, I am not one to waste things and was wondering if I should set it up as a shrimp bowl. I have a low pH, so I was thinking about setting it up as well planted crystal shrimp tank. what do you think about this could I have a group of say 5-6 shrimp in this tank ( I would add a sponge filter).

thoughts?
ember04

I have an old 10-gallon bowl from my parent (they used to keep goldfish in it :no:) but it has laid empty for ages, I am not one to waste things and was wondering if I should set it up as a shrimp bowl. I have a low pH, so I was thinking about setting it up as well planted crystal shrimp tank. what do you think about this could I have a group of say 5-6 shrimp in this tank ( I would add a sponge filter).

thoughts?
ember04
i think you should heavily plant it with plants, have a bright light, white substrate, some rocks, maybe 1 small gourami or something, some shrimp( make sure you have high kh)

I think shrimp are a good idea. Cherry shrimp would look very nice with a dark substrate. You could get a small piece of driftwood and some plants for it too. I would try to get a small filter and light as well.

I think shrimp are a good idea. Cherry shrimp would look very nice with a dark substrate. You could get a small piece of driftwood and some plants for it too. I would try to get a small filter and light as well.
can cherry shrimp survive in a aquarum with moderate water flow

also hello again

My shrimp love the sponge filter! They ride the bubbles, check the inside of the bubble tube and eat from whatever is caught in the sponge. It is also safe for shrimplets.

thanks my plan is to do a heavy planed tank with a group of 5-6 shrimp, what species could work. I am also going to add a snail as well.

That sounds like it would be a very cool tank visually!! I would say any of your smaller shrimp species would be fine, cherry shrimp or any of the cool colored smaller ones... They come in blue, tiger, etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back